Celtic Queen HD Now Available in the Googke Play Store and Apple Store

13»

Comments

• edited May 2018

I see no reason to hold up the Android or the Steam version. There are a lot of players on Android, a little less on Steam probably because it's so hard to find the expansions on Steam. Let's see what Elendil says. I wrote him again asking why we should penalize our Android and Steam users.

Incidentally, I don't have an Android--I have an Amazon Fire but I have it set up so it plays any Android games. My favorite after the Quest is Minecraft. : )

Nothing ever terrified me so much as having to survive the monsters in the early Minecraft version where there was only Survival mode. If you have versions that offer Creative Mode now, you don't know the original horror you missed. I know this is absolutely non helpful to our current problem, just reminiscing about other horrors I've faced and survived.

This is a real horror if Apple doesn't approve the appeal to let Celtic Queen be in the Ios appstore but I hope we'll survive. We spent so much time porting and enhancing and testing it.

• edited May 2018

Elendil's response: "I know it can be done, but I don't think it's a good idea. We have been doing this for a long time this way and it's better in my opinion."

My response: "If it's not approved finally by Apple, I think we should release it on the other platforms. I think as soon as it's approved on any platform it should be released on that platform. What difference does it make except that you have to make a separate announcement?

It doesn't really affect the players on other platforms. I personally believe that Android will be the better market at some point in the future for Indie games because Apple appears to be favoring larger developers and you can buy games not only on the Google Play Store for Android but also on the Amazon Store for their Fire that plays Android games. The Fire is really cheap and it can play any game in the Google Play Store. I bought one for $49.99 and I can play any game that a $399 Apple device can play. "

• Exactly my words Cat, thank you for fighting for us. As you say this is really only difference to have a separate announcement from Redshift in my opinion as well. Redshift, please listen to your loyal Android customers and push release asap...

• @Catacomber said:

It doesn't really affect the players on other platforms. I personally believe that Android will be the better market at some point in the future for Indie games because Apple appears to be favoring larger developers and you can buy games not only on the Google Play Store for Android but also on the Amazon Store for their Fire that plays Android games. The Fire is really cheap and it can play any game in the Google Play Store. I bought one for $49.99 and I can play any game that a $399 Apple device can play. "

Great... B)

• Elendil said he will release it for Android tomorrow afternoon.

• Great, thanks!

• It's out on Android! Downloading as I type this. 😀
  • Hey Aeon do you have the original Fire they came out four or five years ago? I have an old one of those laying around. If it runs and they don’t ever get it worked out for iOS I’ll see if I can get it working. Cat keep us iOS users updated. Must feel good to have your games liked so much by your fans!!!

• edited May 2018

Celtic Queen is released on Steam and in the Google Play Store. Ios release will follow as soon as it's approved.

The Quest – Celtic Queen is an expansion by Zarista Games to Redshift's The Quest.

Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.redshift.thequestexp7

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/428880/detail/1000006/

Habren is Queen now, thanks to you. However, King Locrinus' brother Kamber has challenged her right to the throne. He's taken Madden's two sons under his control and assembled an army to fight Habren.
    Merlin holds the key to the future and would protect her but he's besieged by an opposing faction of wizards. He calls once more on your skill and daring, Heroic One. It's your mission to make order out of chaos and save the Queen.
    This expansion is designed for level forty-five characters. To travel to this expansion, visit Captain Hanty in the port of Mithria, then select Celtic Queen as your travel destination.

• @Allan727 said:
    Hey Aeon do you have the original Fire they came out four or five years ago? I have an old one of those laying around. If it runs and they don’t ever get it worked out for iOS I’ll see if I can get it working. Cat keep us iOS users updated. Must feel good to have your games liked so much by your fans!!!

What do you mean by Fire? You mean Islands of Fire and Ice? And on what platform?

• @Aeon said:

@Allan727 said:
    Hey Aeon do you have the original Fire they came out four or five years ago? I have an old one of those laying around. If it runs and they don’t ever get it worked out for iOS I’ll see if I can get it working. Cat keep us iOS users updated. Must feel good to have your games liked so much by your fans!!!

What do you mean by Fire? You mean Islands of Fire and Ice? And on what platform?

Ok, now I understand. No I do not have. Using Galaxy Tab S3.

• @Allan727--yes, it feels good to have our games so liked by our fans. Testing Luko III and working on a brand new expansion. More new ones are planned.

• I'm not sure all the versions of the Fire can play the Quest so hope the game is approved for Ios.

• Very excited about this! Might have to hack about with my Kindle Fire to download it from Google Play so I can play before getting it on my iPhone. Bloomin Apple.
  • Celtic Queen is now available for IOS in the Apple Store. They finally approved it!

• > @Catacomber said:
    > Celtic Queen is now available for IOS in the Apple Store. They finally approved it!

[purchases and starts playing instantly]
  • Made my day and week and month!!!

• Just finished Celtic Queen. Wanted to thank you for another beautiful experience. Nice story and game play. First half seemed to be quite easy due solutions to particular quests were close to its source. But after that I spent quite challenging time with solving other quests (finding particular solutions). Great and well done! Also the end surprised me when I was thrown into the jail to be never found...

Looking forward to HOL III and Castle.

Once again, great work to whole team and Cat!

• Thank you so much!