Loose chicken

Hi all, is there a trick with killing the loose chickens....I get nearly there then for some reason they don’t stay paralysed...and game over..lol...any help would be appreciated. The problematic ones are in the area of the pirates and assassins.

Comments

• edited December 2020

Enchant your gear with Endurance--a lot of Endurance-- and try using a ranged weapon. They're tough birds. :smiley:

You could also drink a lot of Resist Magic potions.

• Thanks for the advice. Gold I’d hard to get, but I’m getting there slowly and surely. Btw...is there anywhere that sells the permanent stats increase potions?

• Those potions are not sold in shops. But you can try to make them with your mortar and pestle. For example, potion of Permanent Endurance can be made with three ingredients that Fortify Endurance. Permanent Strength can be made with three items that fortify strength.

• edited December 2020
    > @Thundahamma said:
    > Thanks for the advice. Gold I’d hard to get, but I’m getting there slowly and surely. Btw...is there anywhere that sells the permanent stats increase potions?

As Catacomber has implied, these Permanent Stats potions aren't available for purchase in any Potion shops at all. The only way you can get those potions is by crafting them but however, succeeding in crafting those said potions depends on your Alchemy skill. 🙂

There are various types of Permanent stats potions in every different expansions that's to be found/craft, some of the potions are slightly better than the others.

For example, Permanent Stats potions like Permanent Strength, Permanent Intelligence, etc Potions can be crafted in 'The Quest' main game itself but however in 'HOL III' expansion there's a slight better version of those potions called Permanent Gush potions that raised more than just 1 attribute itself. ☺️

In 'Asteroids I' expansion, there's a potion called Jethro's Transfusion potion that grants +1 to both Dexterity and Endurance. Those potions can only be found (not purchasable nor craftable) within the entire map of 'Asteroids I' expansion. ☺️ (One of the quests in 'Asteroids I' expansion does rewards you a good amount of Jethro's Transfusion potions as a matter of fact.)
  • ... [snipped]...

There are various types of Permanent stats potions in every different expansions that's to be found/craft, some of the potions are slightly better than the others.

For example, Permanent Stats potions like Permanent Strength, Permanent Intelligence, etc Potions can be crafted in 'The Quest' main game itself but however in 'HOL III' expansion there's a slight better version of those potions called Permanent Gush potions that raised more than just 1 attribute itself. ☺️

In 'Asteroids I' expansion, there's a potion called Jethro's Transfusion potion that grants +1 to both Dexterity and Endurance. Those potions can only be found (not purchasable nor craftable) within the entire map of 'Asteroids I' expansion. ☺️ (One of the quests in 'Asteroids I' expansion does rewards you a good amount of Jethro's Transfusion potions as a matter of fact.)

The book "Lore of the Philosopher's Stone" has the receipes for the Permanent Strength/Dexterity/Endurance/Intelligence/Personality potions; Liz or some other book-seller ought to have it occasionally. The book "Alchemica Materia" has the receipe for Permanant Gush; this is only available in one of the HoL expansions (HoL III I think).

• edited December 2020
    > @Thenedor said:
    > (Quote)
    > ... [snipped]...
    >
    > (Quote)
    > The book "Lore of the Philosopher's Stone" has the receipes for the Permanent Strength/Dexterity/Endurance/Intelligence/Personality potions; Liz or some other book-seller ought to have it occasionally. The book "Alchemica Materia" has the receipe for Permanant Gush; this is only available in one of the HoL expansions (HoL III I think).

Ah, yes of course 😯, almost forgot about that book 'Lore of the Philosopher's Stone'.. 😅 Ironically though, I had that book 📙 but I stashed it into my permanent shelf (within my own home at Mithria) that's full of other books (Skillbooks, Storybooks & Spellbooks) that I've collected and accumulated thus far.. 😁😅

So that's the name of the book that gives us instructions upon crafting the Permanent Gush potions.. 😗

And you're correct actually, it is over at the 'HOL III' expansion indeed. ☺️
  • Is there any order to doing the expansions of The Quest?

• edited December 2020
    You can check the levels by heading over to redshift.hu where there is a small write up of each expansion. People vary how they play. Some just want to keep leveling up. Some like to play each series with a new avatar. For example, some use one avatar to go through the luko series, then start a new one to go through the Celtic series. Some just weave in and out of various expansions. If you look through the general discussion thread at redshift.hu, you'll see that question raised.
  • > @Thundahamma said:
    > Is there any order to doing the expansions of The Quest?

There's actually no 'right order' regarding with the sequences of 'The Quest' expansions as its all basically up to the adventurers' choices and decisions. ☺️ (Perhaps for exception like the 'Hero of Lukomorye' series and 'Celtic' series which has its specific order due to its storyline.)

Take me for example, this is how my route of the entire 'The Quest' game goes as so far:

The Quest > Thor's Hammer > Islands of Ice & Fire > Celtic Rift > Mithril Horde I > Hero of Lukomorye I > Asteroids I > Macha's Curse (Soon) > Caerworn Castle (Soon)
  • Thnx for all the info.

• > @Thundahamma said:
    > Thnx for all the info.

You're most welcome. ☺️👍

Best of luck with your adventures there. 😉