Asteroids I --- RELEASED ON STEAM AND IN APPLE AND GOOGLE PLAY STORES

edited October 2020 in Asteroids I

This is Escape from Asteroids from the Classic version ported to the HD version of the Quest. File has been uploaded to Steam hidden and sent to Elendil. When the Ios and Android versions are approved, I'll make the file available in Steam. Here is the surface map.

Comments

• edited August 2020

Here is the map.

!

• Here is a map and quest list combined compiled by our betatester Honx.

• Here is the quest list by itself.

• Great - I'm all ready!

• Any update on when this will be available for iOS?
  • I've reminded Elendil. He appears to be very busy right now and I don't want to pressure him further. Please just wait patiently. I could release it on Steam but generally all the platforms are released at the same time. So waiting on Ios and Google. Elendil has to do that upload.

• Thanks. Looking forward to it.

• Just waiting for Apple and Google approval now.

• Asteroids has been released - Thank you Catacomber for your work on this and every expansion.
    Now to go and play.
  • Yes, it's out! Thank you for your patience.

• Thank you so much! Will give it a try in a few days.

• Hurray!!!! Thank you :-)
  • What is the recommended starting level for Asteroids 1? The description in the ios app store says level 4, but the description for Escape from Asteroids (classic version of same expansion) says level 40.

• Level 4 is about right. Elendil suggested that new series start at a low level and generally warned me against making too high level expansions.

• Rather than start a new character, what I am doing is playing my regular character but with only one piece of armour and a low-level weapon (I am currently wearing only the Haematite Helm and wielding the Switch Blade sword) and not using any spells other Enchant, Mark, Recall, Detect Mind, and Cure Light Wounds along with any scrolls/wands I find laying around (such as Laughing Gas ar level 0). This seems to be working out rather well. While the mobs in the Haematite Mines were weak, the ones I have run into since leaving the Containment Center are stronger (I think the strongest that I have fought so far is level 16 or 17).

If anyone is curious as to what my characters' current stats are, I have attached a screen shot of them:

My Skills are all fairly high so even by restricting myself Asteroids I will probably not be as challenging for me as it would be for someone just starting out or playing stand-alone.

• edited November 2020

@Catacomber said:
    Yes, it's out! Thank you for your patience.

Hello !
    I cant find it on play market ...

Ok, my bad, already found.

Btw, i cant found it via search (asteroids) , only via the quest and so on

• I have no control over that. There is a link up at redshift.hu Redshift's forum for all the expansions.

• Got it yesterday for android ! Happy camper here
  • Am absolutely LOVING Asteroids! The foliage, especially, is just incredible! Thanks, as always, Cat, for another stunning expansion!

• Just getting started, and found a typo - for your next update. In the Asteroid Mage’s opening dialog, he starts by mentioning the Alpha Lord and Zeta Lord, then reverts to the “Dark” Lord (instead of Zeta) then back to the new (and better) names.

• I changed that for later update. Thank you.

• Two more typos.

• In the prove you’re worthy quest, you are supposed to find the spot where the Haematite cloak and helm are stored. Found the robe (not cloak) but no sign of the helm. This is sufficient to complete the quest. Is there really a helm somewhere?
    • Jethro’s Transfusion potion says it increases dexterity and endurance by 100 (yikes!) but really only increases by 1 - more reasonable - whew!
  • The Asteroid Mage asks you whether you are a fighter or a mage. So you can only find the helm or cloak not both depending on your answer.
  • edited November 2020

As for the transfusion, I chose to increase those by 100, which is a choice but apparently it wraps around to 1 because the Quest is low bit in memory apparently and such an increase doesn't really work. I have no control over what it says and does, only what I can choose it to do.