Duke and Slazier

Hi, Cat!
Two questions I how.
1. How stealthy have I to be to collect donations from Gabril (Stealth more than 350 did not do the trick, I've enchanted everything that came to hand)
2. Where is the Demon Slazier? Au is gone, Echo is happy, but I am still hanging out in the Moon Cult, beating the walls with Angelic weapon in order to cure Christopherus :)))))

Comments

• P.S. Sorted out with Duke. I was sure I have to get money from himself :))) It was mistake.

• Slazier is in the Cult Hall. Hit some crackable walls and find a teleporter. If you're still stuck, come back.

• edited February 2020

I found one teleporter, but it is inactive. BTW, I think all four spheres have to be destroyed, but I succeeded only with Au's one. Other three are still here, Archangelic weapon cannot destroy them.

• I'm in the exact same spot, mzh1973. 😀
  • edited February 2020

@mzh1973 said:
    I found one teleporter, but it is inactive. BTW, I think all four spheres have to be destroyed, but I succeeded only with Au's one. Other three are still here, Archangelic weapon cannot destroy them.

You need to have a Soul Holder in your inventory to inactivate the spheres and release the souls. And Echo's quest. to find and free Au. Then you can hit the spheres and destroy them. Doesn't matter which weapon you use.

You need that Archangelic weapon to destroy the sphere that holds the controls of Slazier, not the spheres that hold the souls of his captives.

You can't use that teleporter until you've released all the souls.

• And here is Slazier--

• edited February 2020

@soup2nj said:
    I'm in the exact same spot, mzh1973. 😀

See my reply and pic. You need the Soul Holder in your inventory to capture the souls and destroy the spheres that hold the souls. And Echo's quest. to find and free Au. Then you can hit the spheres and destroy them. Doesn't matter which weapon you use.

You need that weapon to destroy the sphere that holds the controls of Slazier.

• You don't need the Soul Holder to release Au, just the other souls. It should probably all be the same. Will fix in an update, since I don't remember where the Soul Holder is.

• I sent an update to Elendil. You won't need the Soul Holder to break those other spheres. Au's sphere didn't need it. Others did. Now all the same. Because I honestly don't remember where I put the Soul Holder.

• Thanks, Cat!

• Thank you Cat! Really enjoying this expansion, it's one of my faves. 🦜♥️
  • BTW, the corpse with empty eye sockets near the entrance to "Dream Never Dies" location possesses some "only thing n the world he had left" and don't want to give it to me. Can not this thing be a Soul Holder?

• Furgan the Sweeper says something about Blooms of Rest. Do those have anything to do with anything? I have several of them. What was Echo's quest?

• @mxh1973--I already sent the update to Elendil. The corpse gave you an amethyst. Once you take it, he tells you you took the only thing he ever had.

@mamaowl--Echo's quest is Find and free 'Au: For Echo, Mt. Buyan, find her lost sister Au'u who has been taken by the demon Slazier. Find her and destroy the sphere that holds her spirit captive. She was last seen near the Ruins of Ancients in the southwest. Echo is a ghostly lady in a column of smoke on Mt. Buyan.

Do you have Echo's quest? Furgan is just being poetic.

• Thanks! Finished this quest :))

• I don't think I found Echo's quest. Probably why there are walls I can't break.

Funny aside. I'd finished up major quests and was able to join the Guild but the credits hadn't rolled. I admit, I don't take notes and don't always remember all the details of the more complicated quests, but I thought I had completed the major ones because I became a guildmember. But while knocking on doors to try to finish up side quests I found I could enter the Buyan Palace, and when the guy in there handed me some keys I assumed it was another random side quest; but of course when I got the crown and the staff the credits rolled and I was "Prince"! Though, come to think of it, I don't think I have "finished" the Islands of Fire and Ice expansion because I never talked to King Mersant at the docks... :D

• To get Echo's quest, you have to enter Mt. Buyan and tap the fire there. Echo is a spirit. When you get to Mt. Buyan, look for a gray wall and hit it, then look for a secret switch.
    It sounds like you finished the game otherwise. Echo's quest is not a main one.

• edited March 2020

Here's a pic I put up for someone else on how to enter Mt. Buyan. It doesn't show the flames where Echo is in this pic but it's right as you enter. Just tap the flames to talk to Echo.

http://catacomber.com/discussion/855/ive-been-killing-fire-birds-where-do-i-find-the-phoenix-for-the-heart-quest#latest

• Where is the moon cloak helm? If I found it, I sold it someplace.

• Yes, it's sellable and shouldn't be. I'll do an update so that you can buy it. Arnie the Smith will sell it.

• I cannot get the teleported to activate. Are there any spheres hidden?

• I found a knife and now it is activated...? Sigh.... please ignore the above message.

• Where is joe’s reef?🤨

• You get there from a hole in the Extinct Volcano surface map in the southwest.

• Also cannot get cured in tower: last 2 quests. Where does one go after Luko 5?

• edited March 2020

I may have to change that quest or give it to Evangeline to solve. HOLV wasn't initially made for players with extremely high stats and it seems people have them.

After Luko 5? Wait for the next high level expansion.

I don't know what that will be yet.

Asteroids I will be next but it won't be high level.

• edited March 2020

@Knotlost said:
    Also cannot get cured in tower: last 2 quests. Where does one go after Luko 5?

What are your stats for:

Accuracy
    Crime
    Persuasion
    Fame
    Outfit

so I can see what the problem is for getting cured in the tower. It seems that some people have really high stats there now.

Were you able to do the Savvy Sonja quest? Trade with Sonja, "For Nebrit in Barrel Straits, trade with Savvy Sonja without getting swindled. She has a shop in the Beanfield in the mideast."

Thanks.

• Accuracy 145, crime 0, Persuasion 220, Fame saint, Outfit 101... quite a goody-two-shoes...
    Yes to trading with Sonja. I got the rest except this one (and Martellius’s blade from an earlier game)

• It seems that the high Accuracy is the problem. When HOLV originally came out it wasn't possible to get such a high level.

I'll give it to Evangeline to solve because it seems to work well for most people. I just sent an update to Elendil so will have to wait a bit.

If you'd like Evangeline to solve Martelius' Blade quest, let me know.