Mithril Horde II HD Coming soon

Comments

• Fine, but regarding the tools, Elendil has an account to upload them on the playstore, I was speaking to build the pak at home, but I fully understand it could take a long time before Elendil accept to release them to the community if it occur one day. Will wait and play slowly, for asteroid, I force myself to play only one map a day...

• > @nico7550 said:
    > Fine, but regarding the tools, Elendil has an account to upload them on the playstore, I was speaking to build the pak at home, but I fully understand it could take a long time before Elendil accept to release them to the community if it occur one day. Will wait and play slowly, for asteroid, I force myself to play only one map a day...

Wait, just ONE map per day?? ๐Ÿ˜ณ Or do you actually refer to as one expansion per day..? ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜…

Also, just being out of curiosity, how many expansions have you already enabled thus far? ๐Ÿ˜—
  • nope just one map per day, core city one day, buble city one day... I have all the expansions so I must play slow or I will have nothing to play...

• > @nico7550 said:
    > nope just one map per day, core city one day, buble city one day... I have all the expansions so I must play slow or I will have nothing to play...

Woah.. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Just one single area of the current expansion per day.. I don't think I could cope with that adventure style of yours.. ๐Ÿ˜“

Well, just take this as another approach, you could revisit previous expansions simply for leveling up your character (like what I'm doing at the moment) while waiting for new expansions to arrive. ๐Ÿ™‚
  • Before, long time ago (february 2020) when I start playing and when expansions number seems unlimited, I play too fast and too much... And for the replaying part, It's no more possible I kill every things in one shot/hit... and RPG never have a good replayable value...

• edited January 2021
    > @nico7550 said:
    > Before, long time ago (february 2020) when I start playing and when expansions number seems unlimited, I play too fast and too much... And for the replaying part, It's no more possible I kill every things in one shot/hit... and RPG never have a good replayable value...

Just out of curiosity, what is your current level at the moment? ๐Ÿ˜ฏ Mind sharing a screenshot of it? ๐Ÿ™‚

Well, you could try and engage enemies with lesser equipments simply just to give yourself a challenge or so. ๐Ÿ˜™ As for RPGs having replaying value, that actually depends on the kinds/types of games itself first though. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

As far as I could see, 'The Quest' and its expansions are all simply good for revisiting purposes accordingly to their respective individuals 'quota'. ๐Ÿ™‚

Also that if you're able to defeat enemies in one strike, that definitely means that you had indeed developed a strong adventuring character and you should feel proud of your achievements for coming this far. โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘
  • Here it is:

All my stuff enchanted by the guy on the second sub level of the shipbuilder's Union Hall in Luko 4

• edited January 2021
    > @nico7550 said:
    > Here it is:
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > All my stuff enchanted by the guy on the second sub level of the shipbuilder's Union Hall in Luko 4

Remarkable stats there! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘ I take it that you're a 'Sword-and-Shield' type Warrior? ๐Ÿ˜™

And I can already imagined the numerous amounts of Permanent Stats potions that you've drank in order to achieve such high amount of Attribute points there.. ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜„

By the way, here's my current stats for my Derth ๐Ÿ˜™:
  • yep sword and shield because at low level I found magic wasn't very effective and also consume a lot of mana. Regarding the permanent stat, you need one at each level increase, but the increase mostly came from the stuff I have with some +20/+50/+100 enchant.
    Looking your Derth, it should also be a living god ! 1450 in strength give marvelous bonus on damage !

• edited January 2021
    > @nico7550 said:
    > yep sword and shield because at low level I found magic wasn't very effective and also consume a lot of mana. Regarding the permanent stat, you need one at each level increase, but the increase mostly came from the stuff I have with some +20/+50/+100 enchant.
    > Looking your Derth, it should also be a living god ! 1450 in strength give marvelous bonus on damage !

I thought so. ๐Ÿ˜™ Judging from your Damage Output as well as your Armor Rating explained to me immediately. ๐Ÿ˜™ (Also, Armor Rating of 2000+... ๐Ÿ˜ณ You're virtually indestructible..!! ๐Ÿ˜ง)

Indeed, that's because of enemies having high Magic Resistance (especially in high levels expansions) which makes our Magic less effective. ๐Ÿ˜— However, this problem could be countered by having enchanted equipments that's grants bonus Attack Magic bonus or Fortify Magic bonus (mostly accessories like Amulets & Rings). Also that in later expansions, you will come across weapons that's already had 'Drain Mana' effect being implemented in which will be very useful for most cases. โ˜บ๏ธ

And yes, before I leveled up I always make sure to at least drink a Permanent Stat potion firsthand, even when I was at Level 1 back then. ๐Ÿ˜™

Actually, the reason for that amount of Strength plus Damage Output was due to the boost from the spell 'Great Feather' with the effects of my homemade Fortify Magic potion together with my Dual Wield skill level. ๐Ÿ˜… (Same goes with my Intelligence due to the boost from the spell 'Mage-ification' together with Homemade Fortify Magic potion.)

However, while my Derth's Strength is at 1000+ in this screenshot of mine.. The truth is, that this ISN'T even my Derth's 'Final Form'... ๐Ÿ˜โœจ
  • I don't think Redshift will abandon any of the Quest versions as long as there is a demand for them. People still play and enjoy the classic version, especially because some things were changed for the port to Quest HD.

Going to try something new in the new expansions--factions and alliances. : )

• > @Catacomber said:
    > I don't think Redshift will abandon any of the Quest versions as long as there is a demand for them. People still play and enjoy the classic version, especially because some things were changed for the port to Quest HD.
    >
    > Going to try something new in the new expansions--factions and alliances. : )

Agreed, it's just simply too early for Redshift to even be giving up on 'The Quest' this quickly.. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Woah! ๐Ÿ˜ณ Factions and Alliances, you say..? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Wait a second, then what about the guilds that we were already official members of it..? (Like Mapmakers' Guild, Miners' Guild, etc.) Doesn't that considered us as part of a faction/alliance or sorts..? ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜…
  • edited January 2021
    > @nico7550 said:
    > yep sword and shield because at low level I found magic wasn't very effective and also consume a lot of mana. Regarding the permanent stat, you need one at each level increase, but the increase mostly came from the stuff I have with some +20/+50/+100 enchant.
    > Looking your Derth, it should also be a living god ! 1450 in strength give marvelous bonus on damage !

BEHOLD!! ๐Ÿ˜ก MY 'UNLEASHED FORM'!!! ๐Ÿ’ฅโœจ๐Ÿ˜ˆโœจ๐Ÿ’ฅ
  • it need some explanation to achieve such high strength and damage ! Maybe you could be the next vilain in a future expansion !

• edited January 2021
    > @nico7550 said:
    > it need some explanation to achieve such high strength and damage ! Maybe you could be the next vilain in a future expansion !

It was actually due to the effects of my brewed Fortify potions plus specific spells that boosts our Attribute temporarily. (Great Feather and Mage-ification) ๐Ÿ˜ Also that my Alchemy Skill is over Skill Lv. 1100+ ๐Ÿ˜ (Enchanted equipments, of course! ๐Ÿ˜) and that I'm a Dual Wielder. ๐Ÿ˜™

Me, a villain you say..? ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜… Well, to be honest, I could hardly contained and suppressed my deep excitement when I've reached this apex of power, both might and magic at once... ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜
  • That could be a good final for the series, an overpowered player ascend to god status and turn crazy by the power ;-)...

• edited January 2021
    > @nico7550 said:
    > That could be a good final for the series, an overpowered player ascend to god status and turn crazy by the power ;-)...

Or perhaps, a previous heroic adventurer being corrupted and succumbed to the evil forces by specific reasons... ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Though honestly speaking, I do not wish for 'The Quest' to end at any time soon.. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Like a lot of good games I play, but it will... The worst is when a game died and the source code is never released and disappear. How I will be happy to have the eye of beholder level editor... Instead of trying to do crappy things on the time I didn't have... https://youtube.com/shorts/DL2FTWTVZKI
  • edited January 2021
    > @nico7550 said:
    > Like a lot of good games I play, but it will... The worst is when a game died and the source code is never released and disappear. How I will be happy to have the eye of beholder level editor... Instead of trying to do crappy things on the time I didn't have... https://youtube.com/shorts/DL2FTWTVZKI

... Let us just not think that far for now, alright? ๐Ÿ˜” Besides, there's still more 'Classic-to-HD' expansions coming soon for 'The Quest' as we speak, and our epic adventuring are far from over yet. โ˜บ๏ธ

Though if I were to describe of a game being faded away, it would had to be the 'Lost Archipelagos' expansion. As this expansion still doesn't have its own HD version for a long time if I'm not mistaken.. ๐Ÿ˜”

Ah, Eye of the Beholder.. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ It's from Dungeons & Dragons, right? I didn't had the game nor play it before, but I did see gameplay videos of it and boy, it looks quite more difficult to play than it seems.. ๐Ÿ™ Basically because there's no map interfaces on the game itself in the first place. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ (Just like some of the areas in 'The Quest' and it's expansions too as well.)
  • I don't have any control over Lost Archipelagos. I can't port something that was done by someone else.

As to factions and alliances, it will be a bit different. You might get certain quests if you share certain qualities with one important non player character as opposed to another. Or you might get or not get certain rewards. You might hear different gossip depending on whether you favor one npc above another. And some npc's may arouse emotions in you that you respond to so that you have certain dialogues with others as opposed to not. You might get some quests walking around in the environment based on reactions you've had.

I have an idea where this is going but haven't mapped it out completely yet.

• edited January 2021
    > @Catacomber said:
    > I don't have any control over Lost Archipelagos. I can't port something that was done by someone else.
    >
    > As to factions and alliances, it will be a bit different. You might get certain quests if you share certain qualities with one important non player character as opposed to another. Or you might get or not get certain rewards. You might hear different gossip depending on whether you favor one npc above another. And some npc's may arouse emotions in you that you respond to so that you have certain dialogues with others as opposed to not. You might get some quests walking around in the environment based on reactions you've had.
    >
    > I have an idea where this is going but haven't mapped it out completely yet.

Ah, I see.. It kind of a shame though.. ๐Ÿ˜” The name of that place was even mentioned in one of the books at 'HOL I' expansion. *sigh* I guess that 'Lost Archipelagos' is truly 'lost' forever.. ๐Ÿ˜” (No puns intended by the way)

And that's an interesting approach and idea there! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ๐Ÿ˜„ Just like 'The Quest' that we can't just always successfully completed every single quest that we took on with. Hmm.. This would make us adventurers with having to think very carefully with the decisions that we make while siding with specific factions/alliances.. ๐Ÿค”

If my guess is right, certain factions/alliances will grant us access to specific areas too, right? ๐Ÿ˜ฏ And if we completely sided with one single faction/alliance, the other group will become hostile towards us and even attack us as enemies, correct? ๐Ÿ˜—
  • @MysticFury said:

Ah, Eye of the Beholder.. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ It's from Dungeons & Dragons, right? I didn't had the game nor play it before, but I did see gameplay videos of it and boy, it looks quite more difficult to play than it seems.. ๐Ÿ™ Basically because there's no map interfaces on the game itself in the first place. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ (Just like some of the areas in 'The Quest' and it's expansions too as well.)

You can still play them online: https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games?and[]=eye+of+the+beholder&sin=

And there is a map feature but not a mini map.

And there is a lot of other gems from my young era... Might and Magic 3, 4, 5, Ultima Underworld 1 and 2, Daggerfall 2...

• > @nico7550 said:
    > (Quote)
    > You can still play them online: https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games?and[]=eye+of+the+beholder&sin=
    >
    > And there is a map feature but not a mini map.
    >
    > And there is a lot of other gems from my young era... Might and Magic 3, 4, 5, Ultima Underworld 1 and 2, Daggerfall 2...

Unfortunately, I can't. ๐Ÿ˜” I do not have a PC anymore and I haven't even TOUCH a PC for at least 10 years ever since.. ๐Ÿ˜”

I've also heard of Might & Magic series, especially 'Might & Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven'. ๐Ÿ˜™
  • The archive.org provide an online emulator so I can be play as long as you have a browser (and a mouse)... On my android phone I have dosbox and it work without mouse. MM6 is the first "3D" before it was in 2D with square by square move

• > @nico7550 said:
    > The archive.org provide an online emulator so I can be play as long as you have a browser (and a mouse)... On my android phone I have dosbox and it work without mouse. MM6 is the first "3D" before it was in 2D with square by square move

I think I will pass, as the procedure sounds quite complex for me.. ๐Ÿ˜…

Nevertheless, thanks for the offer though. ๐Ÿ™‚
  • @MysticFury--Yes, about the attacking etc. : )

• > @Catacomber said:
    > @MysticFury--Yes, about the attacking etc. : )

Oh dear.. ๐Ÿ˜ง But then again, it's to be expected after all.. ๐Ÿ˜…

I do hope that I made the right decision when I have the opportunity to do so.... But then again, I can always invoked the handy 'spell', 'Memories of Chronology' (Or Save-and-Load, that is.. ๐Ÿ˜‚) if I ever changed my decision.. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Some hints will probably be offered. : )
  • > @Catacomber said:
    > Some hints will probably be offered. : )

Well, the only question remains is... Will be the 'hints' be free or we had to work/pay for it..? ๐Ÿ˜
  • I think they will be plentifully offered for free. : ) If you're nosy. : )