Tower of the Dracon - “forty score”?

I’ve seen this sign to press “forty score” but where are the buttons? Or are they just the posters/signs with the Roman numerals on?

I see M - XX - VI - XL

So I’ve tried pressing “XL XX” and I’ve tried pressing XL 20 times, but I’m not getting anywhere. Do I need to reset between attempts and if so, how?

Thanks for any help/advice!

Comments

• edited December 2020
    > @istara said:
    > I’ve seen this sign to press “forty score” but where are the buttons? Or are they just the posters/signs with the Roman numerals on?
    >
    > I see M - XX - VI - XL
    >
    > So I’ve tried pressing “XL XX” and I’ve tried pressing XL 20 times, but I’m not getting anywhere. Do I need to reset between attempts and if so, how?
    >
    > Thanks for any help/advice!

Ah, that little puzzle back at the Tower of the Dracon. 😯

Back then, I was confused with this puzzle as well so I just tapped the sign plates in a random sequence and I did managed to unlock the gate next to the signs somehow. 😅

If I still remembered correctly, I think I tapped in this sequence that opened the gate: XL, XX, VI, M. I might be wrong though, as it's quite a while since I've (nearly) completed 'Asteroids I' back then. 😥 I should have at least wrote down the sequences that I've inputted back them.. 😔
  • Thank you! Somehow trying that a few times and tapping the door and the poster eventually worked.

Now I can’t find Razier anywhere. There’s one area on the top level I can’t access (invisible barrier) but beyond that I think I’ve cleared the place.

• edited December 2020
    > @istara said:
    > Thank you! Somehow trying that a few times and tapping the door and the poster eventually worked.
    >
    > Now I can’t find Razier anywhere. There’s one area on the top level I can’t access (invisible barrier) but beyond that I think I’ve cleared the place.

You're most welcome. ☺️👍 I'm glad to hear that it worked out for you in the end. ☺️ Though on a serious note, I do want to know the genuine solution as well as to grasp the idea behind this puzzle. 😕

As for Razier, it's over at the north-eastern area within the Tower of the Dracon (the same level as you've entered the Tower of the Dracon for the first time) and about that 'invisible barrier', do you refer to a spot (around the southern area) where you were 'pushed' back the moment that you tried to move through that same spot? 😯 You actually need to deactivate the 'invisible barrier' first by tapping on the piles of skulls followed by clicking on a button which is revealed right after you've tapped the pile of skulls.

I might be wrong with the solution that I've provided as it's been a while since that I've cleared The Tower of the Dracon back then and my memory is being a little hazy with it, so do please excuse me if the solution is being incorrect. 😔🙏
  • This was Dr. Vlad's puzzle and it's correct to tap on the tablets.

Forty in Latin is XL

and

Twenty is a score. Twenty in Latin is XX.

So tap on the tablet that says 40 first in Latin and then on the one that says 20 in Latin.

You have then got 40 score. : )

Thanks MysticFury again for all your help.

• > @Catacomber said:
    > This was Dr. Vlad's puzzle and it's correct to tap on the tablets.
    >
    > Forty in Latin is XL
    >
    > and
    >
    > Twenty is a score. Twenty in Latin is XX.
    >
    > So tap on the tablet that says 40 first in Latin and then on the one that says 20 in Latin.
    >
    > You have then got 40 score. : )
    >
    > Thanks MysticFury again for all your help.

'Tablets'.. 🤦‍♂️ Why didn't that right word appears on my mind..? 😑

Huh, I though it was Roman Numerals back then.
    😯

OHH!! 😲 I SEE why now... Forty 'Score'... I looked up on the word 'Score' and it refers to a set of twenty which literally means that the 'password' for the gate is 40, 20 because of forty (40) and Score (20).

Darn it.. Why didn't I ever thought of searching it up first hand.. 😑🤦‍♂️

And please don't mention it Catacomber ☺️👍, in fact I should be thanking you for your enlightenment of the meaning behind this puzzle. 😄
  • It was a sneaky puzzle. : )

• > @Catacomber said:
    > It was a sneaky puzzle. : )

It was.. 😌 Darn, I feel so stupid for not looking up for the word 'Score' in the first place.. 😣

By the way Catacomber, is my solution for passing through that 'invisible barrier' the correct method itself? 😯
  • edited December 2020
    Yes. Tapping on the pile of skulls sets the secret switch in the north visible and that switch removes the grass that pushes you back.
  • > @Catacomber said:
    > Yes. Tapping on the pile of skulls sets the secret switch in the north visible and that switch removes the grass that pushes you back.

Ah, I knew it..! 😆 That was the last impression I had back then while moving through The Tower of the Dracon. ☺️ (At the very least, I still have sound memories of that playthrough way back then 😅)

Thank you very much for your clarification, Catacomber! 😄👍