Kozney's Castle, Third Floor

I really need some help with this... I've cleared my way up to the room that's blocked by an energy wall and has six switches in it, with the ordinals "first" through "fourth" on signs at different corners. I've tried all combos I've been able to think of (one of which is just using the four levers next to each sign, in ascending numerical order), but no luck.

Not sure if this is related, but I also can't get past the wall to the east where a sword (that sword??) can be seen on a shelf.

Also, can't destroy the two spiderwebs that Agent K. says can be destroyed with fire spells. No spell works.

Help!!

Comments

• First part of your question also interests myself, while I' m exactly on that spot trying all combinations (even tried to combine it with 4x5 switches from previous room...)

Second part of your question is not related. Look for small button on 3rd floor (not hidden) and wall will disappear (it is not sword there, but something similar and useful!)

Your third question is obvious! Agent in your backpack clearly says you need fireball spell and it works...

• > @Aeon said:
    > First part of your question also interests myself, while I' m exactly on that spot trying all combinations (even tried to combine it with 4x5 switches from previous room...)
    >
    > Second part of your question is not related. Look for small button on 3rd floor (not hidden) and wall will disappear (it is not sword there, but something similar and useful!)
    >
    > Your third question is obvious! Agent in your backpack clearly says you need fireball spell and it works...

Thanks for that! Somehow I thought I had indeed tried fireball but evidently I hadn’t... I can’t get to one of the shelf because “I’m too healthy”. I brought myself to quasi-death but still to healthy. Aeon, did you figure that one out.

As for the button you mention I can’t seem to find it anywhere... ugh!
  • Button is in the sw area of the map, look patiently, is not hidden.

Approach to the shelf (you are too healthly) can be overridden by very quick move forward and double click on that shelf (Cat, reporting bug here). There is nothing very important though...

• Shelf--I made some things easier in the Third Floor. If anything works anyway you do it, that's good.

As far as the switches go, if you started manipulating them, switch them all up, then switch the northeast one down then the middle west one down, then the southwest one dpwn, then the northwest one down, then the middle north one down. then the southeast one down, you get the message "Lucky" and the wall of force disappears. But these are all set up using globals, so if you have too many Quest expansions enabled, you may have a problem.

• edited May 2019
    > @Catacomber said:
    > Shelf--I made some things easier in the Third Floor. If anything works anyway you do it, that's good.
    >
    > As far as the switches go, if you started manipulating them, switch them all up, then switch the northeast one down then the middle west one down, then the southwest one dpwn, then the northwest one down, then the middle north one down. then the southeast one down, you get the message "Lucky" and the wall of force disappears. But these are all set up using globals, so if you have too many Quest expansions enabled, you may have a problem.

It’s not working for me... Potentially I’m not getting the instructions right. If the following is a representation of position of the switches in the room looking north, what’s the right sequence?

A B C
    ————wall of force
    D E F
  • Worked for me exactly as per Cat's instructions.

• C, E, D, A, B, F

I just tested this again and it works.

• Yeah it was just the direction names that threw me off. This worked, thanks!
  • So... what’s the deal with the east corridor with all the switches? I do get the sense you need to spell something with “Argimon” out of the lever combos, but I’m completely unclear on how to do that. I also see a button on the wall ahead at the last switch round, but I can’t seem to hit it from afar. Whatever I do, I eventually get to the end only to lift up whichever switch and go back to start. Help again?
  • edited May 2019

I´ve also tried appx. 8 various combinations for switches to complete a word ARGIMON. Thought I understand this riddle/ puzzle well. Tried pull down switches only per various letters from A to N and many different ones, also opposite way to leave these letters unpulled. Another thought was not to take pile of money (not to be greedy to carry on...) but again- nothing..:-). This is pretty tough one! My logic was to pull switches in right order and expected to be spit behind last row of switches near wall button...I´m stuck here for third day already..:-)

• It does work but it's very tricky and very hard so I already put a button there to skip over and back across that area after testing it myself. It is extremely frustrating but doable by spelling out Argimon's name. But that's hard. I suggest you mark there but use my walkaround. When you have some peaceful hours go back and try it as he intended.

• Ok so what is your walkaround Cat? Button cannot be touched, nor shot by anything...

• If you have the quest to save Kozney's baby, face that long corridor going south, walk two steps west and one step south. Tap the candle there to cross over south. When you get across and are ready to go back, tap the button at the end. I should have mentioned the candle.

• The problem is that the letters are coded so that if you tap the correct one in the sequence spelling Argimon, you move correctly. Otherwise you move randomly so it's hard to get the sequence right.

• edited May 2019

Spoiler.

This is the north where you start. These arevthevswitches:
    A. N
    I G
    R. M
    O. G
    M. O
    I. R
    Turn switch on you get a letter.
    If A is the first letter you tap you get a message A. Switch that switch off, you'll move next to a switch one of which is R. Switch it on, it gives message R. Switch it off and on again, you move close to a switch that says G when you turn it on, switch it off and you are next to switch I. Turn it on to get message I. Turn it off and you get sent next to letter M, turn it on to get message M, turn it off to get sent to get sent to switch that says O, Turn it on to get letter O, turn it off to get sent next to letter N. Turn it on to get message N, turn it off and get sent it across. Do not touch my button. Move on.

If you do it any other way, you are going to suffer.

• edited May 2019
    Stuck on two things
    Room with message, money luck bingo jackpot...how do I open that door?
    And
    How do I get kill giny?

Edit
    Managed to run around giny 😏 before you get to the castle tower, the room with the teleporter, and statue either side, is it supposed to be right in front of a door?
  • There's nothing behind that door behind the teleporter. You can kill Giny with a hot spell. I used Lightning Storm. That room--money etc. holds a trap. The levers open the door. If you can't contain your curiosity, do as the table tells you and you will get a reward. Ha, ha, ha.

• I am completely stuck with the doors that open through numerical combination. I have the three notes and tried to apply that code to the doors in different orders every time. One problem is that one of the notes has two numbers on it, and I can't figure out how to apply that hint. Help!

• Do you mean the vault?
  • Sounds like it. I only have note number 3 somehow. Can’t remember where I found it either lol. They’re all hidden in Kozney’s Castle right?
  • edited June 2019
    Note 1 is number 7
    Note 2 is number 3
    Note 3 is number 13
  • edited June 2019

You're at the Vault and the numbers on the notes are the combination. The notes are all there on the floor in his castle.

there are three plaques near that door to the Vault where there are switches that increase or decrease the number on the plaque. When all the three numbers are right and you touch the gate it should open.

The note that has two numbers on it is really one number. All the numbers are odd by the way.

Left plaque: Hint is on first note. Middle plaque: Hint is on second note. Right plaque: hint is on third note.

Tap on the plaque to see the number it's registering. Make sure you use the correct switches to raise or lower the number if you need to.

For those of you who are still having trouble.

7 seven
    3 three
    13 thirteen

• OMG I can't read numbers anymore :# thanks!