Stuck on a few: I think Stone Folio is the problem

I have:

• Save Caerworn Castle
  • Stone Folio
  • Hammer of Restoration

still open.

I'm currently in Long Stones Crypt but I don't seem to have the folio. Am I supposed to do something with the pillars near the coffin in the main room?

The Master Builder wants "a special hammer, a magical token and a chest of gold" - I don't think I have the gold or token yet. But he's not recognising the Hammer of Restoration, which I do have.

For Stone Folio it tells me to speak to Oilof the Giant. Oilof tells me to go the Mithras Monk. I can't remember what the monk may have originally said, but now in response to "About a folio" he simply replies: "Welcome, Istara. It's good to see you. I think of you whenever I raise my stout bow."

So I'm a bit stuck with what I should be doing! Help greatly appreciated ;)

Comments

• edited December 2018

How did you get the Hammer of Restoration? Did you buy it from Phredd? You've done all you can with the Mithras Monk. The Stone Folio is in Long Stones Crypt. Do you have any Magical Tokens? You can't save Caerworn Castle unless you have everything the Master Builder asks you for.

• The Stone Folio-----

• Thanks as ever for helping me! ;)

I found the Hammer of Restoration in the barn.

I do have two Magical Tokens.

So I'm now at that place in the Stone Folio - I've tapped the coffin and hit it (am I supposed to use the Hammer of Restoration?) - I'm still not sure that I have the Stone Folio though.

• it sounds like you got the Stone Folio but need the Chest of Gold. You should have the Stone Folio as a letter with instructions. It's a letter.

• Brilliant! I did have it. Turns out I was talking to the wrong giant.

It’s all done now - Old Shaman is happy etc - except Stone Folio isn’t cleared from my quest list.
  • Did you talk to Sheets with it in your inventory?

• Yes. It doesn't seem to clear it.

• edited December 2018

He does clear it. What does he say when you talk to,him? You haven't sent him to,his eternal rest yet?

• edited December 2018

If you have the Stone Folio in your inventory and have completed the Save Caerworn Castle quest and talk to Sheets, he says this--'Where were we? It must be time for cakes. What's that? You found my Stone Folio? That's miraculous. There's hope that all will turn out for the best. That would make a fine rhyme. Let all turn out for the best so Lord John Sheets may find his peaceful rest. Send me now to my eternal rest. I can only rest when Caerworn Castle is rebuilt and you've ended the feud between my two sons. It's all or nothing.'

And he clears that quest and gives you the new quest to send him to his peaceful rest.

• Aha I had to speak to Old Shaman and clear the main quest first! Thanks ;)

Now I'm on the Eternal Rest quest.