Black Bogatyr tower entrance

So I was taking good notes as I picked up quests, but then I had a phone call (I'm on a mobile phone), and I clicked thru the explanation on how to get into the other tower - I've saved Vasilisa, now to turn the sadistic SOB who kidnapped her into a biology student's wall chart.

Comments

• Walk around in Ezersk North at night until a woman appears. She should be in the southeast there.

• Thanks - so the same woman who let me into Vasilisa's tower?
  • Nope - she wasn't out. I did find 'a castle key' on the ground, but no woman wandering. Maybe I didn't explain well enough; I'm trying to get past the barrier for the second tower, not Vasilisa's tower. I already saved her - now it's time to disembowel her captor. :P
  • Ah, seems I solved it myself. Castle key gets you in, and it's easy from there.
  • edited May 2023

I've been looking around for hours for this key. I can't find it anywhere. Could it have been dropped by an enemy and then despawned? Where exactly is it?

• edited May 2023

So I loaded up another character and went to see if the Castle Key was an enemy drop. Sure enough. My bet is that it despawned and I can't finish Luko II with the old character anymore. I'm just going to assume that's the case and move on to another character unless I hear differently. Phredd doesn't sell the key. 😞

I've got a whole roster of other characters and this is my second time through Luko II, so it's not a huge tragedy. But if Phredd were to offer the key for sale, I would very enthusiastically buy it... I won't delete the character, I'll just move along to others.

• Hello, Frostwraith. Is this the Classic Version you're playing or the HD version. I can give Phredd the key to sell. : ) Or more better, I can put it on a candle. : ) Easier for me.

• Thank you Cat! I'm actually not sure, since it's just called "The Quest" (not Gold or HD). It's on Android and says Version 19.0.

Luko II is Version 6.1.1.
  • edited May 2023

I put three keys on the pale window to the west of the sign that says "Guarded by Kozney's Messengers" in Ezersk-Tower Island as you face south. Face south toward the sign and then examine the window to the west. There are stairs there that go down. The window is gray.

• Thank you! Will I need a software update? The Play Store doesn't currently show one available for download.
  • You will. You have to wait for Elendil to have time to upload the file. Have patience. Thanks.

• That's no problem. I'll return to this character once it comes through.
  • The timing for the Android Play Store updates could not have been more perfect. I just finished HOLV this afternoon and saw that the HOLII update was out and I could return to my HOLII character. Yay!

As an aside - would it be possible to update HOLV to allow the removal of the Bones of St. Vastar quest from the original game? Whatever I did, it made that quest unsolvable with one of my characters...

Thanks for all you do!

• edited July 2023

I can do that but it might be months before Elendil can upload the files. You'd have to be very patient.

Could you possibly still solve this quest with help?

• I honestly never expected to be able to get rid of that quest, since it's from the original game, so the wait wouldn't be that big of a deal.

I'm assuming it's unsolvable because of this post:

If you know otherwise, then I'd be very interested in the workaround. Thanks!

• edited July 2023

I asked Elendil if it's ok and he doesn't think it's a good idea. So I can't do it.

If you gave the fake bones and don't have an earlier save file, I don't see any solution. Sorry.

• That's what I had expected. It's no problem. Thanks Cat!

• Actually - would it be possible to add Bones of St. Vastar as an item in one of the Zarista expansions? I think that might solve the problem. I've noticed a number of quest related items from the main game here and there throughout various expansions. Could this just be another one of them?

Thanks 😄

• edited July 2023

I just stumbled upon the fact that Phredd in HOLII already fails this quest for a fee. : )

If you want to buy the bones, you can do that in Ragnar's Revenge, coming soon, from Phredd for a fee.

• Wow. That's great news. Thanks Cat!

• I also can’t find the castle key. Which enemy had it? Maybe I could approximate the location of the dropped key and then sweep that area super carefully.

Oh, never mind - I figured out the solution: I waited for 12 days in Aesthetic Cave and then teleported back to Ezersk. The monsters had respawned and one of the carried the Castle Key. Problem solved!