Draconian Staff

Can find a draconina staff, either in the Tower of the Dracon (maybe I didn't search well enough) or more interesting by doing the Miner's Guild quest : I have miner axe level 3 and tried to melt a staff at the Furnace : the Furnace says that I need a staff and that I must ask Mircenary284 at Miners's Guild; Mircenary284 tells me I must ask Seivit in the Mines Plains; finally Seivit doesn't help me much on that quest.
Any tips ?

Comments

• edited March 2021
    Did you accidentally sold the Staff that Mercinary gives to you from the moment that you initiated the quest "Smelt a Staff"? πŸ˜— If so, you can still continue the quest by buying a regular Staff from any Blacksmiths. πŸ™‚

Alternately, you can try and pick up the Draconian Staff that's found within the Crypt of the Dracon at the Tower of the Dracon but you will need to look very carefully within the surroundings of the Crypt itself as you need the hidden Crypt Keys in order to reach the area that contains the Draconian Staff. πŸ˜—

As for Seivit and the corresponding quest "Ten Gold Nuggets", did you at least have the Decree and Amulet which indicates that you're a Miner Adept beforehand first? πŸ˜—

Of course, if you still had problems with the quest "Smelt a Staff", you can always look for Phredd over at the Medieval Fair as he does sells the Draconian Staff but it's kinda expensive though... 😏
  • Thanks a lot for this I will try all these possibilities !

• You're most welcome there. πŸ™‚
  • could you just remind me where the medieval fair is I can't remember ?

• edited March 2021
    It's at the Outer Core, east of The Core City. Look for a glowing pentagram with a sign next to it. πŸ™‚

You can only travel to the Medieval Fair every 7 days though, so it's a good idea to cast the spell 'Mark' when you've arrived at the Fair, so that you do not need to wait for 7 days again just to get to the Fair there. πŸ˜‰
  • Ok I found medieval fair (thanks :!), but no Phredd inside; the smith's name is "smurfl" or something like that; he doesn't sell any Staff, even when I sleep enough for him to change his wares.
    I think I will need to find the staff in the crypt of the dracon, but I can't find any "hidden key" at any level of the crypt..
    Please help before I go mad on this ;)

• edited March 2021
    Phredd is behind the locked gate door. You need to unlock that gate door in order to use his 'services'. πŸ˜™

I'm not certain with the exact requirement of the Lockpick Skill Level in order to unlock that gate door but you can always try using Scroll of Strong Unlock if necessarily. πŸ™‚
  • edited March 2021
    As for the Crypt Keys, you need to look carefully with the surroundings within the Crypt of the Dracon. πŸ™‚ The Crypt Keys are hidden in places where one would least expected. πŸ˜‰

For example... Have you checked those coffins when you first enter the Crypt..? πŸ˜‰
  • Here.. One of the Crypt Keys is hidden in this torch here:

• Sorry but there is no locked door inside the Medieval Fair : just shops : Jewel, Leatherista, Potionista, and Smurf the smith
    Also in the Crypt I already am in the 4th level with coloured basins (red blue and green) and I did something with them a first time a few days ago; now othing happens when I tap these basins and there is no way to open the red door in that room.
    Also I managed to buy a "wood staff" from a merchant but it doenot work with Mercinary (maybe it should be just a "staff" ?

• I finally did it ! I unlocked the red door with the spell and I found a staff, which I could smelt at the Furnace !

• and many thanks for your kind and wuick help , I appreciate it

• πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ ...This is the location of the locked gate door and where Phredd resides at:

I'm a little confused with these 'colored basins' that you implied of as I had no recollection of that in my last playthrough of "Asteroid I".. πŸ˜• (Or I just can't remember it well.. 😣)

It has to be THE 'Staff', not the other kinds. πŸ˜‘

Also, it would seems that you didn't venture through the entire area of the Crypt of the Dracon BECAUSE there's actually an actual Draconian Staff within that Crypt in the first place.. πŸ˜— You must have missed a Crypt Key or so in the process.. But all ends well, I suppose.. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ After all, you had the necessary components that you need to smelt the Draconian Staff in the end so good for you there. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

• Maybe it is because I was playing with the old version "Classic" of Asteroids; for example the Medieval Fair map does not look like yours, without this door on the right after the entrance (the rest of the map is similar though)

• I see... 😢 But you should have at least notified us that you're playing the 'Classic' versions not the 'HD' version in the first place.. πŸ˜’ That also explains why the 'basins' that you implied of, simply doesn't makes any sense to me at all. πŸ˜‘
  • The HD versions are different than the Classic versions. That's why it always helps to mention which one you're playing. : )

• Yes I am sorry for this :( (I first played it several years ago and still had the app on my phone); I discovered that there was a HD version a bit later after I started the game..
    Next time I will know :)
    I just started mithril horde HD so I may have to come back to you for helps (I hope it will not be to often..;)

• And bravos for these great games !!

• > @Brunothegreat said:
    > Yes I am sorry for this :( (I first played it several years ago and still had the app on my phone); I discovered that there was a HD version a bit later after I started the game..
    > Next time I will know :)
    > I just started mithril horde HD so I may have to come back to you for helps (I hope it will not be to often..;)

Just let bygones be bygones there, for I don't held grudges towards anyone in the first place, especially minor matters. πŸ™‚

Do feel free to ask the community at anytime whenever you're stuck at certain points, alright? πŸ‘Œβ˜ΊοΈ
  • ok fine thanks ! B)