Room of Reason 9 Columns

Not sure what to do here. What does “knock” mean? Tap or hit with weapon? Do you knock each column the number of times as it’s number, or knock each column only the number of times as the center column? I’ve tried tapping the number of times for each column, hitting the number of times for each column, tapping the number of times of the center column for each of the columns, and hitting the number of times of the center column for each of the columns. Not sure what I’m missing. Help please!!

Comments

• edited November 2020

Tap to get the number of times you need to hit it. I took this puzzle out in the HD version because I thought it was too hard.

The hint is "There are nine columns in this room. Eight of them have numbers-tap them and see. The center one is missing its number. You need to knock each column that number of times and then tap the gate to open it.

Hint: The sum of the second and third column in any column going north to south is the number on the north row/first column."

Knock means hit.

If you hit each column twice, you can open the door. But you should try with an earlier save file because if you started hitting them, you have to somehow reset them all.

• Great!! Thanks again Cat!!