Satan's Arena of Ice and Fire

I'm a bit stuck here. I've got the fire bubble and the ice bubble, but can't find either sword.

I also can't get back into the Arena of Fire, because there's an unkillable bat (at least until I have the sword) now blocking the entrance.

In the Arena of Ice, there's a switch on a wall which removes another block of wall so you can access the bubble.

Then there's another block of wall behind which I can see a shelf hidden, but nothing removes it. There's a second switch across a chasm, but arrows and spells don't trigger it/lower it.

Any clues/hints?!

Comments

• Fall down this hole and the sword is behind a bashable pillar on the right. I’m having problems with the switches in the ice arena. Flicked one, can’t activate the one behind the hole with the lions head on the left of it.

• Found the breakable wall to get ice bubble :)

• Same issue for me. Cannot access fire sword, which is behind wall in Ice arena (can see it through wall). Also second switch in Ice arena does not do anything. Ice sword and both bubbless I found, but this sword...all monsters in Ice arena are dead, tried bash, tap everything but without success...any clue?

• I guess I could reload from an earlier save and try the Arena of Fire again, and not let out the unkillables so early.

• @Aeon said:
    Same issue for me. Cannot access fire sword, which is behind wall in Ice arena (can see it through wall). Also second switch in Ice arena does not do anything. Ice sword and both bubbless I found, but this sword...all monsters in Ice arena are dead, tried bash, tap everything but without success...any clue?

Same. Can see through wall on right hand side but can’t get it, tried throwing things at switch, spells but no luck

• @istara said:
    I guess I could reload from an earlier save and try the Arena of Fire again, and not let out the unkillables so early.

Use just Recall spell to another location and then get back after you will know how to obtain fire sword from Ice arena...

• Thanks! I’m not stuck in there fortunately, I just can’t get back inside the Fire area currently.

Paging Catacomber!

(I vowed I was going to do as much of this as possible without bugging Cat for endless help, but here I am already!)
  • @Aeon said:

@istara said:
    I guess I could reload from an earlier save and try the Arena of Fire again, and not let out the unkillables so early.

Use just Recall spell to another location and then get back after you will know how to obtain fire sword from Ice arena...

Tried that and it’s exactky the same

• @Bhiffy said:

@Aeon said:

@istara said:

I think that if you sleep for 7 days and return, monsters respawns and go back to original positions, so it wouldn' t be blocking your way. This helped me before in some stuck locations...

• @Aeon said:

@Bhiffy said:

@Aeon said:

@istara said:

I think that if you sleep for 7 days and return, monsters respawns and go back to original positions, so it wouldn' t be blocking your way. This helped me before in some stuck locations...

All monsters are dead. It’s the fire sword I can’t access, it’s stuck behind a wall.

• You have to remove the wall to get the Heart of Fire Sword if this is the issue. Make sure all switches are in the upright position, then hit the southernmost switch which will activate the northernmost switch so you can hit it.

• edited March 2018
    I think we’ve all tried this. First the southern switch (which also removes the wall to the bubble).

The northern switch remains unresponsive. I’ve also already tried turning the southern switch back off and on.

EDIT just tried again - you mean actually hit it, with a sword? That finally works. It does seem terribly obscure, though, given the southern switch activates with a tap as well.
  • Oooohhhhh sneaky! Thanks Cat

• Sneaky. : )

• Uffff...that was very clever...:-)

• By the way - I can't check as I overwrote the save - but I think there may be a typo in the Fire Demon's words. I think he tells you that his sword is in the Arena of Flames when it should be Ice. The quest log information is fine, it was simply his dialogue that possibly had an issue (unless I got confused!)

• Will check and fix if necessary. I can't give bug finder rewards for typos anymore. Redshift does not like the whole idea.

• Oh god I wasn't expecting a reward for a typo!

• I pointed the typo out to Cat while testing... guess she missed it anyhow. :(

• Yes, I saw your comment. Made a note and lost the note.