Ice Witch’s Castle and Venet’s Island

I know I must be missing something obvious, but I can’t find a way into the Ice Witch castle and I can’t find a way to Venets Island.

what did I miss this time?

Comments

• Dingo only offers to take me to the underwater kingdom.
  • There is a mariner in Seversk Harbor, who offers you travelling to Venets Island.

• Look for entrance to Ice Witch castle in very NW corner through teleport, which will appear after talking with particular person in that area as well.

• I would talk to some of the good folks in the underwater kingdom about Venets Island. I think some of them, and maybe a couple of their monuments as well, may be able to help you.
  • You get to Venets Island from the Underwater Kingdom. After you go there once, there does appear someone in Seversk Harbor who can take you there.

To enter the Ice Witch's castle, follow Aeon's instructions. Maybe have a beer to warm you up. : )

• @Catacomber said:
    You get to Venets Island from the Underwater Kingdom. After you go there once, there does appear someone in Seversk Harbor who can take you there.

The guy there who offers to travel also says to bring an item to the goddess of goodfaring – can't remember the exact name because there's no quest list update on it. I remember him saying she would be "north of here" but I can't seem to find any character or statue to that effect. Help?

• edited May 2019

It's a statue there in the west. He's dead and has lost his seafarer's sense of direction.

• @Catacomber said:
    It's a statue there in the west. He's dead and has lost his seafarer's sense of direction.

Found it, thanks! I do think the phrasing of the hint (and its not being retained on the log) may be confusing, just in case you want to consider tweaking it.

• I did tweak it for a future update, not the next one but the one after that. Thanks.

• Ok. Once I got into the Ice Witch’s castle, I got several items I needed to complete other tasks. For some reason there were 2 auto-playing harps? But whatever, I gave one to the Dead Monarch in the underwater kingdom and he told me there would be someone in Seversk Harbor who could take me to Venets Island. Alas, no one there had said they could take me. What am I missing?
  • Never mind. I didn’t realize the way to Venets would be in the underwater kingdom and not in Seversk Harbor.
  • I did all quests except three and those connected with going underwater and finishing the game, and I can't see any submarines in Seversk Harbor even though I've managed to go underwater in another savefile before. Am I missing a quest?

• edited April 2023
    Which quests remain to be done? You do get to Venets Island from the Underwater Kingdom. There is a boat there that needs to be repaired so it can take you there. Start with the Dead Monarch and then the Goddess of Fair Sailing to get what you need to fix the boat.
  • I can't get to Underwater Kingdom. Merchant near the docks said I should board Dingo's underwater boat, but there's no boat to board in the port. It's there if I start a new game though. Maybe I missed a key NPC or ran into a bug.

• edited April 2023

I don't see a bug. Did you go there already in your current game? Yo can mark in the Underwater Kingdom.

In the Classic Version, Skupsky has to set Dingo visible but in the HD version, Dingo is visible from the beginning.

• Was it changed in an update in HD?
  • Ah I see. Dingo didn't appear because I updated from the oldest version released. Strange though - other monster NPCs appeared all right.
  • It was changed in an update. He was originally set visible via script. Now he's always visible.
  • Sleeping for 7 days solved the issue. Yay! Thanks for the hint