Heal Nifont

So faq says need scroll of cure wounds touch and remove curse touch. I cannot seem to find or buy a cure wounds touch scroll. Tried the save before entering the store and reloading trick, never seem to find cure wounds touch. Is there only certain scroll stores that will sell it in HOL or does it have to be found in a dungeon? Been trying the dookh village store as it seems to be the best stocked. Also tried enchanting a blank scroll with cure wounds touch but when I use it on Nifont nothing happens.

Comments

• If you're not a Rasvim, you need a scroll of cure wounds touch or a wand of cure wounds touch. If you're a Rasvim, you need a scroll of magic immunity.

The scroll of cure wounds touch can be found in magic shops that sell normal items. Wand of cure wounds touch can be found in magic shops that sell better items. Scroll of magic immunity can be found in magic shops that sell the best items. Nadia there sells the scroll of magic immunity. Magician Nerreda in Dookh Village East sells the wand of cure wounds touch. Burya the Magician sells it also. Gladspell the Magician sells the scroll of cure wounds touch.

Burya's in Greenwood.

• Perfect! Didn't realize it could be a wand, thank you!

• I had some troubles with this one. I learned the cure wounds touch and remove curse touch spells long ago when I was a neophyte wizard, but until now, never had the opportunity to use them. At last! An unfortunate soul that needs my help, and with a great sense of anticipation, the “touch” spells were cast!

Nope... didn’t work. It seems this dude doesn’t just want to be cured, he wants to get his grubby paws on the spells themselves - either as a wand or scroll. If you have them, he will take them from you, and be miraculously cured, thereby solving the quest. Say what? These “touch” spells can only be cast on another character. So who cast them? Not me. Not Nifont - unless he cast them on himself.

So.. For your consideration in the next revision. It seems the solution to this quest should be to simply cast the two “touch” spells on poor old Nifont - whether they are memorized, a scroll or a wand. Giving him the actual scroll and/or wand doesn’t make sense to me. Comments?

An excellent installment as always Cat, and can’t wait to get started on HoL 2

• edited April 2018

Welcome! I applaud your analysis. Just consider it's part of the story. Casting a spell at an object works. But casting a spell within a dialogue doesn't to check whether something happens. Can only check within a dialogue if you know a spell or have an object, like a scroll or wand. Let's assume Nifont grabbed it and used it on himself. : )

I just added that quest to use the unused touch spells. Thanks.

• I‘m a Rasvim,a scroll of magic immunity didn’t work. what should I do ?

• edited February 2021

Are you playing the HD version or the Classic version. If you are a Rasvim and have the scroll of magic immunity, you should be able to heal him if you have the quest to heal him.

However, then he will cry that he feels cursed. For that you need a scroll of Remove Curse Touch. That should do it.

• I‘m playing the HD version, Remove Curse Touch scroll I can‘t read.Magic immunity has no effekt.I have the quest.

• > @fmueller0806 said:
    > I‘m playing the HD version, Remove Curse Touch scroll I can‘t read.Magic immunity has no effekt.I have the quest.

I believed that you aren't supposed to use the scrolls (Cure Wound Touch & Remove Curse Touch) onto Nifont manually but you're meant to give those same scrolls to Nifont instead, if I still remembered it correctly.. 😕 Alternately, you could try using Wand versions of those same spells instead and see if that changes anything. 😗
  • should that work with a rasvim?

• > @fmueller0806 said:
    > should that work with a rasvim?

I do not know, for I've never played as a Rasvim. 🤷🏻‍♂️ But that shouldn't stops you from giving it a try. 😗
  • It doesn't matter if you're a Rasvim for the scroll of Remove curse touch. You just have to have it in your inventory. I just tested this and no problem. A wand won't work. It has to be a scroll.
  • > @Catacomber said:
    > It doesn't matter if you're a Rasvim for the scroll of Remove curse touch. You just have to have it in your inventory. I just tested this and no problem. A wand won't work. It has to be a scroll.

I see. 😗 My sincere apologies for the misinformation. 😔🙏
  • sorry my mistake, I just needed the scroll and talk to him. Thank you for your answers.

• > @fmueller0806 said:
    > sorry my mistake, I just needed the scroll and talk to him. Thank you for your answers.

I'm just glad to hear that your problem had been resolved there. ☺️👍