Awaken the Bogatyrs

Hi,

I have a problem with completing the Awaken the Bogatyrs quest. I found 4 statues in River Subterra, 1 in the Village of Peklo, 1 in the Village of Ray. Each statue first says something, and then it is said that it is in a "deathlike slumber". I have live water, but it was not consumed during my interaction with the statues. What may be wrong?

Comments

• Is enough just to touch all of them. After each of them reveal some valuable advice, means that they took live water and that's it.

• Thanks Aeon!
    Still, I cannot complete the quest after touching all 6 statues...

• Strange...so Dragon Slayer says nothing when you go back to him?

• edited May 2019

This might be another case where the Quest gets confused counting globals if you have too many expansions enabled. Try disabling some, sleep in an inn for seven nights and seven days and go back to Dragon Slayer and try again.

This is a problem as more expansions have been added and Elendil cannot find the problem--it's elusive. In the new expansions, I try to avoid using globals but in the old expansions it's to hard to change so many places.

Make sure each Bogatyr gave you a hint. To make sure, go back to each one with Live Water and see if you get a hint.

• If you're playing on Steam and send me your save file, I can check this.

• I think also part of your problem might be that Live Water is also available in HOLII but it's different Live Water. You might not have the Live Water from HOLIV that the Bogatyrs' crave. Drop what you have, get some from HOLIV and see what they say, then talk to Dragon Slayer.

• Thanks Cat! The live water is from this expansions, so this is probably the problem with counting globals that you are talking about. All the six Bogatyrs have already said something but Dragon Slayer says that I have not awakened all of them.

I use Android. In my game, all currently released HD expansions are enabled. Also, I probably have a similar problem with the "Find the pollution" quest in one of Celtic expansions (I cleaned all the polluted cells that I could see with a special brush but the quest cannot be completed). Anyway, these particular quests are not that important for me.

• The 'find the pollution' quest in Celtic Rift also uses globals to count the pollution. So, yes, the problem is probably too many expansions enabled.

• I seem to be a victim of the same bug. This is the last guild quest for me. I tried uninstalling the Celtic Rift expansion, but it didn't help. Any other advice?

• edited June 2019

Elendil's advice is to go to a different level in the game with an inn. Sleep there for seven full days and nights to reset the game. It should help. He thinks it's not an engine bug but a save file glitch.

I don't know of any other solution except to take the quest out and that would cause more problems than help.

• Hmmm.... I tried this (10 days to be sure) and unfortunately it didn't help. I revisited the Bogatyrs and they are unresponsive.

• Are you sure you spoke to all the Bogatyrs? They all just give you hints after you talk to them. If you did, I would just keep playing. Sometimes these things clear up by themselves.

• I'm sure I spoke to each. They each gave hunts and are now silent.
  • What platform are you playing on?

• I'm playing on Android. I let lots of in game time pass playing Celtic * and revisited this today with the same outcome. I tried getting a new inventory of live water as well.
  • Not sure what I can do that wouldn't mess this up for others.

• I’m having the same problem. I dumped all my live water, went to an inn and slept for a week. Went back and got fresh live water and visited six bogatyrs. When I return to Dragon Slayer, he still says I haven’t completed the task. Saw this old thread and thought maybe it’s been resolved?
  • When you now speak to the statues, do they say, "The statue is in a deathlike slumber."?

If they do, they drank some live water and gave you a hint and increased the global DragonSlayer checks for by one. He only checks that you talked to four.

I just tested this and it worked perfectly for me.

There's nothing I can do right now because if I did some kind of update, Elendil couldn't upload it because he's retooling the Quest.

Perhaps try deleting some expansions if you have a lot enabled.

• Thanks, I’ll keep trying. It’s not the first time I’ve gotten stuck and it ended up being operator error lol
  • edited December 2021

If you still can't complete the quest, let me know and when I can, I'll do an update but I have to wait on Elendil to finish retooling the Quest for Android. The Google Play Store requirement doesn't affect ios but Elendil does all the updates at one time so I have to wait. Thanks.

• I appreciate that. I’ve gone back and forth to those pesky bogatyrs six or seven times. I deleted every expansion and dropped all my live water. I went back to an inn in mithria and slept for seven days. Got new live water and visited the bogatyrs again. Same thing. All six say they are in a deathlike slumber but dragon slayer still says I haven’t awakened them. I’ve finished all of the main quests at this point and just going to tidy up the side ones. If you have a chance to tackle this bug I’d love to join the ship builder’s union. :-) love the game btw.
  • I’ve got a similar problem. All statues, apart from one that says feels warm to the touch, are now unresponsive. I’ve been back and forth many times, slept, got fresh live water and still same issue. Very strange!

• I can't do an update right now until Elendil solves the Google Play Store problem for new uploads. I'd just suggest removing any extra expansions and try again. Or wait until I can do an update. Thanks. I don't see anything wrong. It's probably the engine has to search so many globals, it's getting confused.

• No worries. Thanks. Keep up the great work. What to do after 5…….

• Stuck on this one too. I’m on iOS with the hd version. They all gave me tips but quest won’t complete. I have minimal expansions (base game, fire and ice, HOL I, II, III, IV). Can’t disable expansions with iOS (I think).

• No worries. Thanks. Keep up the great work. What to do after 5…….I’m also on IOS

• Good news. I will be able to do updates soon, not yet, but soon. Elendil finished rewriting the Quest HD, just has to test it. Hang in there. I'll put in some kind of fix. Thanks.

• Thnx Cat & Elendil… /passes over a large box of choccies….

• edited March 2022

So many platforms, so many versions. You guys do amazing work, and I hope it’s still a labor of love for you :)

I’m playing the hd and classic versions side-by-side on iOS. I got the topazes in hd, but not the Bogatyrs or paratroopers (collected 15 badges, Old Shaman won’t accept). Got the paratroopers in Classic, but not the Topazes or the @*#&;$ Bogatyrs. All six Bogatyrs are deathly still, but it’s never enough. LOVE the Notes feature on the map in hd, btw.

• Hi, mamaowl. I will do an update to fix the Bogatyr issue in HD. You need 16 badges for Old Shaman. There must be one paratrooper left. Come back if you need more help.