Books and shadows and pages oh my! (And a few other things....)

This game is stumping me - I've never had to ask so many questions before! And I'm sure some of the answers are right in front of me face....

1. Princess Yasmine's tower: How do I get that book?? I have tiger skin gloves. I've thrown everything I have, weapons and spells, at the switch that doesn't do anything. I have tapped and hit every inch of the place.

2. How do I get to the Shadows of Blood? I have the djinn ability.

3. Temple of Durga - I have 3 vedas: Atharva, Rig, Sama. Cannot find Yajur. Have tapped and hit every inch.

4. Honx' missing spell pages: Found 3. Another post says there's one behind a grey plaque on wall east of gold king, but there's nothing there. Have tapped and hit every inch.

5. Rainbow fish: I've been over all of the naga's lair, several times. The fisherman says its in the den of th naga - is that different from the lair? Haven't found the mother naga or rainbow fish. HTAHEI.

6. Count columns: where is the abandoned palace?

Sigh....

Comments

• edited November 2021
    The Abandoned Palace is on the first floor on your right as you enter the Palace of Djidu. Dr. Proja on the second floor of the Palace of Djidu gives you the key.

Rainbow fish-- He tells you one can be found near Kadru, the mother of the Nagas, in the underwater Naga's den that lies off the port to the north. You get to the Naga's den from a hole in Ruins of Mostun. To get to Kadru, hit a gray wall to your left as you enter the lair and take the ladder up. Kadru will trade you the fish for a Chest of Shells which you can get if you trade for food with a boy on Kalimtan Beach. He wants two pieces of bread and two of meat.

I think I had correct info in a post here for Honx's quest. Will look at it again.

Temple of Durga--the Yajur Veda is dropped by a thief beyond a gate near the entrance.

You get to the Shadows of Blood by going through the upper floors of the Palace of Al-Khamsin after you've traversed Old Shaman's Maze and killed the Mighul of Souks.
  • Thank you Cat! I had of course been in the abandoned palace several times without realizing it, and that wall was pretty much the only one in the naga lair that I hadn't hit!

• edited November 2021

Checking Honx's pages--there is one on the gray relief near the Gold King but you have to keep talking to him.

For the book, a switch removes the hole in the Garde Robe where the book is on a shelf.. If you have the quest, "For Mage Nur Ali, Shadows of Blood, fetch the book inhabited by Bethlusaa's spirit, the Djinn Al Yazid from Home of the Djinn and the Flute of Rapture from the lair of Al-Gheyra, the Garuda prince. You'll need the Saber of Samardan to threaten the Djinn Al Yazid to come with you. It can be found in the Jasper Mines."--tap the wall of force.

Tap the shelf to get the book.

• I keep talking to the gold king, but all he does is beat me up and throw me in jail!

My main problem, it seems, is getting into the shadows of blood. I thought I had been through Old Shaman's maze, but obviously not.... Here's what I've done:

What am I missing?!?

• edited November 2021

The page you're missing might be on a green well in one of the rooms you can teleport to.
    The others are:
    There's one on a gold column.
    A genie has one--looks like the head of a troll sticking up out of the ground.
    There's one on a green candle.

Forget about the one on that relief. It's there for another purpose.

The ones on the relief are a fix for if you

To get to the Shadows of Blood, you need to get to the stairs in the far southeast. Did you notice the secret switch near where you are?

• edited November 2021

If that part of the maze is too hard, there are crackable walls. At the end of the passage above the passage where you are, is one of those. There are a few more that will take you to those stairs, bypassing having to kill the monster.

• @arb said:
    I keep talking to the gold king, but all he does is beat me up and throw me in jail!

My main problem, it seems, is getting into the shadows of blood. I thought I had been through Old Shaman's maze, but obviously not.... Here's what I've done:

What am I missing?!?

The Gold King himself has no intention of giving us the missing Pages for Honx's Spellbook in the first place, regardless of our Persuasion Skill level. ๐Ÿ˜” (Because he's a mean AND childish jerk. ๐Ÿ˜’)

Like Catacomber mentioned earlier on, you might have missed the green-colored well (or to be exact, the fountain) or perhaps some of the other interactables while along your way within Gold King's Home. ๐Ÿ˜—

Here are the 4 interactables that contains the missing Pages:

As for Old Shamanโ€™s Maze, you can either move the interactable walls or break the destructible walls in order for you to have access to Shadows of Blood. Catacomber had already provided the map of Old Shamanโ€™s Maze for you to assist with your navigation towards Shadows of Blood. ๐Ÿ™‚

It would also helps if you have the quest "Mogul of Souls" from Russian beforehand too, as Mogul of Souls itself is blocking one of your pathways that leads to Shadows of Blood, and you need to have that specific quest in order to exorcize it. ๐Ÿ˜™

• edited November 2021

By the way, here's how the pathway towards Shadows of Blood at Old Shamanโ€™s Maze should looks like, if done correctly:

• Best guides ever!
  • edited November 2021

@Catacomber said:
    Best guides ever!

It's not really a guide though, Catacomber.. ๐Ÿ˜… Just giving a few pointers, that is all. ๐Ÿ˜™ Besides, you yourself are the one whom had done most of the hard work with the guides there in the first place, Catacomber. ๐Ÿ˜™๐Ÿ‘

Also, I should be the one thanking you for that map of Old Shamanโ€™s Maze, as I've noticed that I had missed a couple of pathways within that Maze back then. ๐Ÿ˜ฏโ˜บ๏ธ