Dragon Jade FAQ

edited December 2017 in Dragon Jade

Abode of Agony Yin Helm-There is a Yin section and a Yang section. One can't go into the other. You are either one or the other depending on whether your governing principle is male or female.

There's a statue there. You need Personality greater than 44 to get the helm. It's the statue that says Hmmm otherwise.

Rock of Sages-You need to talk to Jiu-feng, the Sacred Rooster with persuade of at least 70. To find the Sacred Rooster, you need Bird Wings which you can find in the nest lying on the ground in one spot where you teleport.

You need to find the correct sequence in the teleporter puzzle to teleport to the Sacred Rooster. For that other door you can get to -- you need the Vermilion Key but that has nothing to do with the Rock of Sages. : ) You can get some nice gold if you have the Vermilion Key. That key is on the ground behind a tappable wall as you go through the teleport puzzle. ^^

You just need to go through the teleport puzzle until you find yourself in a place where you can use the bird wings.

To cross the water in the Maze of Agony, look for a secret switch. Hit it.

In the West Crafting Hall, there is a booth with your name on. See Old Shaman in Temple of Ancients.

Comments

• I found the switch behind the drowned spirit but still can’t cross the water in the Maze of Agony. Is there another switch I need to find? If so, can you please give me a hint as to where?

• To the left (west) of the Drowned Spirit is a secret switch that will help you. : )

• @Catacomber said:
    To the left (west) of the Drowned Spirit is a secret switch that will help you. : )

Thank you, but I must be blind, and my finger numb from tapping, and I still can’t find the switch. This is in the maze of agony- I found the wall switch, but nothing happens. The spirit is gone now, but to the left of where it was is a wooden plank and water. Further up in the water is a red plant. I think I’ve tapped every inch of this space. Please help - I’m stuck. I can’t figure out other things, too, like the floor plate that says I need to do something… and the gate with a “ghostly laugh” behind it. Is there a guide or walkthrough posted anywhere? Or can you help me, please?

• Heh, isn’t this the way it goes? I went back and figured it out. I can cross the bridge now. Tips on the other two would still be appreciated. Thanks!

• edited May 2021

I'd need to know more about where you are for those other spots. Are those in the Maze of Agony? There's no floor switch in the Maze of Agony.

There's not really a guide.

If the floor switch is in the Dragon Caves, there's a secret switch near it that activates it so you can get it to do something.

• In the center of the Dragon Caves is where the step plate is “you need to do something “. There’s a button behind a red plant on the opposite wall that says, “nothing happens”. There’s a largish grey area on the map to the SW but no tap-able walls.

In the Abode of Agony to the far SE there’s a gate that says, ‘you hear ghostly laughter’. It’s in the Home of Chaos the Poisonous Dragon..There is a large grey area in the map behind that gate. None of the columns are tap-able.

Found Lurker the dragon but I guess I need another quest or something? I’ve found seven of the Jade Shard Gems —

Thanks again and a great big thank you if you can help me <3

• In the Dragon Caves, hit the button behind the red fern, don't tap it. That will activate the floor switch.

In the Abode of Agony, you can't enter that gate if you chose the other gate. There are two gates Yin and Yang. You can only choose one. When you talk to the Goddess there, if you are a male, she opens the Yang gate, if you're a female, she opens the Yin gate.

Not sure who Lurker the dragon is. Where is he?

Here is the list of where the jade shards should be:

"Old Shaman's list of dragons likely to be hoarding a Jade shard or to know something about them--note that most dragons live in the south in the Dragon Jade Mountains. It is known that the dragons horde their loot in the Dragon Caves. You might also want to look there.

Candle Dragon, Abode of Dragons, Dragon Jade Mountains (you'll need a rope to climb the mountains.)

Lantern Dragon, Abode of Dragons, Dragon Jade Mountains.

Fucanglong the Treasure Dragon, Abode of Dragons, Dragon Jade Mountains.

Dragon Treasure, Dragon Jade Mountains.

Bao the Sky Dragon, Abode of Dragons, Dragon Jade Mountains.

Chi, the Hornless Dragon, last sighted in the middle of the Dragon Jade Mountains.

Chaos the Poisonous Dragon, Abode of Agony, Abode of Dragons, Dragon Jade Mountains.

Agony the Poisonous Dragon, Maze of Agony, Abode of Dragons, Dragon Jade Mountains.

Confusion, Abode of Agony, Abode of Dragons, Dragon Jade Mountains.

Confusion has clones he may have passed a shard to."

• Again, thanks, but I completed the Yin challenge a while back. I know I can’t get into the Yang side. The gate I’m talking about is below the Yang gate more in the SE area of the Abode of Agony- it’s just off the room called Home of Chaos the Poisonous Dragon. There’s obviously a large unexplored area behind that gate that says “you hear ghostly laughter” but I can’t find a way to open that gate.
    Here’s a photo of the map area I’m talking about

Lurker is in what looks to be a cave in the Maze of Agony (you don’t enter the cave, when you tap the cave, Lurker speaks). I ask “what are those glowing objects behind you”, and he basically says it’s his treasure and keep sticky fingers off.

I’ve accosted all the dragons on Old Shaman’s list but still lack two shards. I guess I need to do retrace my steps at this point. Found the ones in ferns.

Thanks for the tip about hitting the button instead of tapping it. Got six silk cocoons out of it. Haha

• To open that gate you need the Yang Shield, the Yang Cloak, the Yang Armor, the Yang Helm and the Yang Sword.

You can't get anything more from Lurker. It's just a bit of dialogue.

• What about the other gate in the photo?

• edited May 2021

It opens with a lever. If you go back and can't find the shards, although you should, Phredd sells them.

• Thanks— I’m sorry to be such a pain, but please help me find the lever.

I’ve spent hours re-exploring everywhere in the dragon caves, abode of dragons, maze of agony, abode of agony, etc. I’m truly stuck trying to open that gate :(

• The lever is on the door. It's not a wall lever. Some doors open with levers if you just tap them.

• Yes, There are two doors…that gets me in to where there’s the other gate/door in question that brings up the dialogue, “you hear ghostly laughter”- the one in the photo I posted.

• To open that gate you need the Yang Shield, the Yang Cloak, the Yang Armor, the Yang Helm and the Yang Sword.

• ??? I’ve done the yin challenge….. see the photo above of the map. That’s not the one I’m talking about. Again, it’s the double gate/door below that one (see the photo I posted). I have the feeling you’re messing with me and will never help with it

• edited May 2021

No, I just don't understand where you are if that's not the gate.

Here is that map from the game!

The Yang section is fairly large.

Part of that section that is not filled in for you is the section you go to if you chose Yang. You chose Yin. You can't get in there through that gate.

The other unfilled in sections are accessed by tapping a wall there. You can see tappable walls because they have a small dot on them.

I would never mess with a player. It's usually just not a meeting of the minds as to where you are or where you can't go.

• I’m sorry for the miscommunication, which is why I posted a photo.

Are you saying the Yang challenge has two doors?

In your photo, you note “ghostly laughter” - that’s the gate/door I’m trying to go through, not the Yang door.
    Thanks and sorry -I feel so dense….I’ve played almost all of these games and get stuck a lot.

• edited May 2021
    The Yang section has two doors. One you use the Yang key to enter. One you need all that Yang armor to open. That big circled section is the Yang section. You probably have very little left to find and it's probably behind a wall you can tap to remove. Look at the walls with small dots to the left of the Yang section and compare your unexplored area.
  • edited May 2021

I took another look at that section by the walls with dots. The Yang section actually has three doors so there's not really anything to do in there for you.

When you say you have seven shards, do you have the Yin Fragment and the Yang Fragment? Those are the other two shards.

Confusion, see below, passed the Yin Fragment to one of his clones. The Yang Fragment is in the Dragon Caves on a gold column in the mid south.

The shards:

The Candle Dragon, Abode of Dragons, has a shard and gives it to you in return for doing a small quest.

Lantern Dragon, Abode of Dragons, He hid his shard in the Dragon Caves. It's on a golden column in the mid south.

Fucanglong the Treasure Dragon, Abode of Dragons, He hid his shard in the Dragon Caves. It's on a shelf in the mid south. If you have seven shards, you got this shard.

Dragon Treasure Dragon Jade Mountains does not have a shard, She tells you, "I saw Yi the Archer's wife get hit by a piece of green something that came flying through the air when I was strolling in the Abandoned Palace. I hope that's helpful." Yi gives you a shard for helping to heal his wife. If you have seven shards, you probably have his.

Bao the Sky Dragon, Abode of Dragons, drops a shard. If you have seven shards, you got his shard.

Chi, the Homeless Dragon, Dragon Jade Mountains, He gives you a Jade Shard for doing a quest. If you have seven Jade shards, you have his.

Chaos the Poisonous Dragon, Abode of Agony, the dungeon where you are now. He's in the middle. He drops a shard. You need the Balance Sword to kill him. If you have 7 shards, you got his shard. There's nothing else to get in Abode of Agony.

Agony the Poisonous Dragon, Abode of Agony, Maze of Agony. In the upper northeast. He drops a shard. You need the Balance Sword to kill him. If you have seven shards, you got his shard.

Confusion, Abode of Agony,, Maze of Agony. Confusion does not actually have a shard--he has two clones. He passed a shard to one of them. That shard is called the Yin Fragment.

• I’ve explored everything at least 3x. The tap-able walls on your map aren’t accessible to me I don’t know what else to do except forget it. Thanks for trying to help me

• So that's a walkthrough for all the pieces of the August Personage's Jade Pot. : )

• The Yin Fragment and the Yang fragment you need are in the Cave of Dragons. There's nothing really left for you to do in the Abode of Agony.
  • My apologies. It's a long time since I looked at this. One of those walls is part of the Yang area. The other wall doesn't really lead to much.
  • edited May 2021

Oh! Then I have all of the nine shards! I didn’t realize the Yin/Yang shards were part of the nine! Duh! Thanks again for all of your help! (I must have posted my last map at the same time you posted about the yin/Yang shards) I’ll be able to finish now

• I'm glad you got through.

• Thanks again for helping me <3