Loss of Soul permanent?

Hi Cat,

Love your work and everything you do for the game. Thanks!

I'm trying to wrap up Celtic Queen before moving on to HOL3, and I find myself faced with an existential crisis. Like most players, I want to complete every quest. But I also want to avoid permanent negative consequences. As far as I can tell, there's no way to engage and complete the bard/swan/death quests without ending up with the Loss of Soul ability.

Is there a way to reverse the ability, or otherwise complete (solve or fail) these quests without being cursed by death?

Thanks again!

Comments

• Thank you very much. No. The Quest wasn't designed so that you could complete every quest. Sometimes, as in real life, you have to make choices and live with the results.

• It gets over after solving Vivian's quest on enclave 2nd floor and talking to her again 🐈
  • I’m somewhat stuck on this one and not certain which route to take. I’ve been playing for quite some time after getting the quest Spare the Swan quest and Death has yet to find me. I’m assuming I must need to step on a specific spot to get the dialogue?

Also sounds like PrinceJuju is saying the curse can be removed late in the game? Just trying to make an educated decision on whether or not to proceed with this quest. Thanks!

• If you've completed the quest Rescue Merlin (For Vivian, Enclave of Wizards, rescue Merlin from captivity in the Province of Conjurers, Mire of Ghasts. You get the key to their fortress by doing a quest for the giant Fomoire in the Dyffey Bay. Merlin can be found in one of his shape-shifting forms. You'll need the Conjurer's Spell to open his gate. See the Conjurer there.), Vivian will offer to give you your soul back.

If you accept the Swan's quest, Death should be there in the Sand Spits. You need Persuasion of at least 65 and a Bag of Feathers to get the dialogue from Death.

• Ah! Death was almost literally right behind me and I just spun the wrong way that I missed seeing him. Thanks Cat! Just finished this expansion and really enjoyed it.

• That's great. I'm glad you finished.