What happened to this forum??

As implied by the title of this discussion, what on earth just happened to this forum just yesterday?? 😳 I was just in the middle of editing my comment here, and all of a sudden this forum suddenly went wonky and became malfunctioned on me, resulted with me being 'locked out' from this forum and I wasn't being able to sign back in as the sign-in interface was also being wonky as well... 😨 (as the sign-in interface shows the front page of this forum instead of the usual username and password fill-in interface.)

Has anyone here also witnessed and experienced this sudden crisis as well?? I was a bit traumatized by this sudden crisis as I thought that this forum and the database system itself was being hijacked by hackers somehow.. πŸ˜°πŸ˜”

Comments

• edited November 18

I had the same problem. It's been straightened out with the my hosting service's help. I think we had an overflow of visitors--that is, spam bots. If it happens again, I may have to cut off registration of new visitors for a little while. I was as traumatized as you were but my webhosting service was extremely helpful in getting it resolved. It did take a little time however. Sorry it happened.

If anyone has this problem in the future, just post in any of our threads at Redshift's forum and let me know although I found out fast enough when I tried to log in myself, www.redshift.hu.

• 😣 Spambots, even on this site...??? No matter where I am at, there will always be one or two lingering around and in attempt to disrupt the peace of the community sites, huh...? πŸ˜žπŸ˜”

Again, you don't need to apologize, Catacomber.. 😯 For I know for sure that it's not your fault at all. πŸ™

Erm, the problem with that solution of yours is that I'm not a registered user of the Redshift forums in the first place, as I'm being a bit uneasy with the fact that the connection with the Redshift forums isn't secured as indicated by my URL here.. πŸ™ (which is strange, as few years back then, there hasn't been any single problem with the connection with Redshift forums at all.. πŸ˜•)

Do you happen to have Discord by any chance, Catacomber? πŸ˜— I believe that would be a much faster approach though, as we can alert you immediately should any mishaps occurred upon this forum of yours once again. πŸ™πŸ˜— (which of course I hope that it WILL NOT happened again.. πŸ˜”)

Also, for safety reasons, I've already changed my password, from the moment when I was able to log back into this forum. Better be safe than sorry, as they say..

• I'm sorry. I don't have Discord. I will look into it.

• It's alright, Catacomber. πŸ™‚ You don't have to force yourself with getting Discord if you don't wish to. πŸ™‚

But if you ever do, just please take your time with it. β˜ΊοΈπŸ‘

• It would be one more thing to check. : ) And I don't like having programs like that on my computer.

• edited November 19

@Catacomber said:
    It would be one more thing to check. : ) And I don't like having programs like that on my computer.

Actually, Catacomber, I was referring to the Discord app on our smartphone in the first place... πŸ˜…

Once again, you don't need to force yourself with installing Discord if you don't wish to have that app on your smartphone. 😯 It was just simply a suggestion, that is all. πŸ™‚

• I'll think about it. I can be reached on Steam easily, as well as Facebook. The number of places to check for messages start to pile up. : ) I do come to the forum every day and should become aware of any problem right away. The spam bots come from bots or people trying to register but they want to register to sell things. I had to delete eleven applicants last week. That seems to be the problem.

• ..Unfortunately, I don't use Facebook nor Steam here. πŸ˜” For I had zero interests on that specific social media throughout these years and it's pointless for me to be getting a Steam account as due to the fact that I don't even have a PC in the first place, as you would recalled.. πŸ˜”

Also, I'm completely speechless AND frustrated with the ill-intentions coming from these so-called 'applicants'.. πŸ˜‘πŸ’’

• It's today's world. We all have to live with it. I'll consider Discord.

• A recent review of Discord on the Google Play Store indicates there may be some problems so I think things are better left the way they are.

• @Catacomber said:
    A recent review of Discord on the Google Play Store indicates there may be some problems so I think things are better left the way they are.

Hmm, is that so? 😯

Again, I'm not here trying to force you or anything like that, Catacomber. It was just a mere suggestion and I do respect your decision there. πŸ™‚

• Thanks for the suggestion.

• @Catacomber said:
    Thanks for the suggestion.

It's no problem at all, Catacomber. πŸ™‚

In the meantime, I'm taking a long hiatus from continuing my progress with "The Quest" and starting my new adventures with another mobile game, "Grim Quest". πŸ™‚

• That sounds like fun. Thanks for all your help here. It has been much appreciated by many.