Crazy high attributes - how?

Hello,

I've been playing The Quest and its expansions for a few weeks now, and I have to say, it's the best gaming experience on Android I ever had.

I 've gone through the main game and a few expansions, taking them in order of recommended level. I'm at HOL I at the moment.

There's only one thig that bugs me a bit - combat difficulty, or rather lack of it.
I have to say, base game and first expansion (Islands of Ice and Fire) were challenging, just the right amount.

After that, combat became easier and easier. I'm level 30 and I do around 2000-3000 damage, have tons of HP and armor.
I adore the game and the expansion maps, but frankly, combat is a bit boring. I really do miss the challenge of the main game.

Of course, I could start the expansions with a new character, but myself, I prefer to have some sort of continuity between the games. Playing with the same char gives me that bit of continuity.

This is not even the worst part, unfortunately. I saw some posts here with characters having crazy high attributes - in the range of 500-1000.
How did they manage to get them so high, without cheating, I assume? If it's intended, then I have to say, it completely destroys any challenge... I know you can probably choose not to level them up, but still, it seems to me that the game should not allow raising them so high - unless there's a grinding mechanism and those players overused it.

I apologize if this seems a bit harsh - it's just that I rarely find such a gem in the mobile gaming world, and this is the only thing that makes it just shy of perfect.

Comments

• I have no control over the limits you can reach and Elendil has said he will not adjust them so it's possible through amassing books that raise your attributes until you've reached a certain level and through enchanting and drinking potions and also just slogging away until you reach a high level to achieve the very high stats you see here.

As far as the difficulty, I have to take into consideration the players of the standalone games who can't become so high-powered and make it possible to survive.

I also have to take into consideration that Elendil has told me that monsters should not be much higher than HOL V.

To keep the challenge, you can use your lesser gear and still keep your character. That's how my beta testers handle testing the low and high power expansions.

I try to make the expansions interesting with the storyline, the quests, the graphics and the npc's. I hope you're enjoying that aspect.
  • edited July 17
    > @PexCom said:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've been playing The Quest and its expansions for a few weeks now, and I have to say, it's the best gaming experience on Android I ever had.
    >
    > I 've gone through the main game and a few expansions, taking them in order of recommended level. I'm at HOL I at the moment.
    >
    > There's only one thig that bugs me a bit - combat difficulty, or rather lack of it.
    > I have to say, base game and first expansion (Islands of Ice and Fire) were challenging, just the right amount.
    >
    > After that, combat became easier and easier. I'm level 30 and I do around 2000-3000 damage, have tons of HP and armor.
    > I adore the game and the expansion maps, but frankly, combat is a bit boring. I really do miss the challenge of the main game.
    >
    > Of course, I could start the expansions with a new character, but myself, I prefer to have some sort of continuity between the games. Playing with the same char gives me that bit of continuity.
    >
    > This is not even the worst part, unfortunately. I saw some posts here with characters having crazy high attributes - in the range of 500-1000.
    > How did they manage to get them so high, without cheating, I assume? If it's intended, then I have to say, it completely destroys any challenge... I know you can probably choose not to level them up, but still, it seems to me that the game should not allow raising them so high - unless there's a grinding mechanism and those players overused it.
    >
    > I apologize if this seems a bit harsh - it's just that I rarely find such a gem in the mobile gaming world, and this is the only thing that makes it just shy of perfect.

Erm, firstly, you shouldn't just jumped to conclusions that easily when you had yet to explore the rest of the other continents (or other expansions, in another words.) as combats in the later expansions might not be as 'easy' and 'boring' as you would had implied... πŸ˜₯

Secondly, are you implying of my (previous) character Derth's stats being in 'crazy high' amounts of Attribute points? πŸ˜— Well, did you refer to my explanations regarding with such occurrence beforehand..? πŸ˜• The reason that I was able to achieve that high amount of Strength and Intelligence (legitimately too) was simply because of my Homemade Fortify Potions (via Alchemy) as well as casting specific Spells that boosts the said Attributes too but only temporarily. πŸ˜— Also, I have to disagree with your statement there, as having high amounts of Attribute points doesn't always necessarily meant that the whole adventures would be a cakewalk, and there are certain scenarios that can only be cleared through fulfilling specific conditions, too. 😯 Besides, there is already a 'limit' with the total amounts of Attribute points that we can achieved with in the first place. πŸ˜—

And lastly, you have to understand that every games are imperfect in their own respective ways with having at least one or two flaws in it, and 'The Quest' together with its expansions are no exceptional as well. πŸ˜”
  • edited July 18
    My goal is to have you enjoy the game because of the graphics and quests and by becoming immersed in the environment. I try to add some good fights but as Mystic Fury says, nothing is perfect and a lot of people are over-powered. But you don't need to use all your high power equipment. You could try playing as a monk and just use wooden staves. :) The Quest has its strengths and weaknesses.
  • > @Catacomber said:
    > My goal is to have you enjoy the game because of the graphics and quests and by becoming immersed in the environment. I try to add some good fights but as Mystic Fury says, nothing is perfect and a lot of people are over-powered. But you don't need to use all your high power equipment. You could try playing as a monk and just use wooden staves. :) The Quest has its strengths and weaknesses.

Of course, without any doubts, I'm always sincerely appreciative of your dedication and commitment towards making new expansions for 'The Quest', Catacomber. ☺️❀️

But as always, just take your time with its development. πŸ˜™πŸ‘