Loathly lady well

The last area that I cannot seem to access Ian the well in loathly lady well. I speak with finnu, who tells me tone careful. Once I get down there, I am unable to gain access through the first gate. I am guessing I am missing something obvious

Comments

• There's a lever. I just checked.

• Thanks. I assume the lever is in a location other than the well. Is that correct?
  • I thought you couldn't open the gate down the well. You need the quest from the Spirit in Merlin's Wood.

• Apologies for the confusion. I have solved the pasofybthe spirit quest. The area I am struggling with (and maybe I did not fully explore the “under the lake” area is attached. I am in this area by entering the well adjacent to finnu
  • Yeh I cudnt figure that out either. Finished rest of game :( ended up rationing myself to how much I played it cis I didn’t want to finish it :(

• edited March 2018

That gate has a lever. There's not much there but two monsters. If you're on mobile try tapping the gate with your finger. It's not connected to the lake area although it was at one time. It made the lake area too easy. It's just its own little area with two gates, each with a lever and two monsters. Maybe show me what your gate looks like.

• Here is what I see and also the message I get when tapping it
  • edited March 2018

This is what the door looks like in the editor. It has a lever. There was a time in beta testing that that door did not have a lever. It may have been there like that when it first came out.and I fixed it shortly after. See if there's an update or try sleeping in an inn for 21 sleeps.

• Sounds good. Will do both. Really appreciate the assistance and the effort in creating this story.
  • edited March 2018

Thanks. Testing Celtic Queen now. Dr Vlad is working on Luko III new material. We hope to have another new Quest expansion later this year. It takes a few months to do a new one.

• There's nothing I can do to fix that gate because in every version I checked-PC, embedded game, standalone game, the lever is there.

• On my android Galaxy Tab S3 lever also missing and cannot open door by any way. Al least there is nothing important, but I will miss it...

• Gawd wish we had a time machine :) playing Thor’s hammer again

• edited March 2018

The only think I can think of is to remove the gate. But then you'd have to sleep 28 days at an inn not in that map area. Hang on, Bhiffy, we're testing Celtic Queen now, Dr. Vlad is working on new material for Luko III and Liz and I are working on a new expansion for later in the year.

• I can confirm the problem also exists in the iphone version. There's no lever or anything to act upon to open the gate. I'll let you know once I've slept 21 days (and the gods know I need that in real life, too!)

• edited March 2018

That kind of gate never shows a lever visibly but you should be able to open it if you have a lever on it. That one has a lever on it. There are other gates like that in the game. No one's reported any problems with those as far as I know. But I am removing the gate. Just waiting a few days to make sure there isn't something else to fix as I'm trying to avoid burdening Elendil. Thanks. Try tapping with your finger on the gate--someone else reported that can help in certain circumstances.

• Just to confirm, I also only get the "You can't see any method of opening this gate" message. I'm playing on iPhone. I don't appear to have any quests associated with it, so I don't know if that's an issue?

• You don't need a quest. It appears to be some sort of "touch" glitch on iphone.

To repeat, you will never see a lever on that type of gate but if you tap it it should go up or down. I've been playing on Steam now so long, I don't remember what you do on iphone--do you use a stylus, finger or ingame mouse.

It shouln't be a problem in the next update though because I took the gates out. To see that you might have to sleep 7 days and nights. That will unfortunately respawn all your monsters and there's not much in there so questionable if you want to do that.

I wish we could test on mobile but we can't as Elendil is to busy to keep uploading new betas to Testflight. I usually have a new beta ready for testing every day until it's over.

So there will be mobile glitches--have to deal with them as they come up. There are also editor glitches, like a monster able to hit you or trying to hit you through a wall. Have to live with those.

• PS to reset the game you have to sleep 7 days and 7 nights in a totally different level. Camping out there will not work. Recall to a town and use an inn in a different part of the world.

• @Catacomber said:
    The only think I can think of is to remove the gate. But then you'd have to sleep 28 days at an inn not in that map area. Hang on, Bhiffy, we're testing Celtic Queen now, Dr. Vlad is working on new material for Luko III and Liz and I are working on a new expansion for later in the year.

Woohoooooo
    You’re gonna have to set up a quests anonymous for me... I’ve gifted it more times than I can count, never tire of playing it.