Gosh that was short !

Finished before I even thought I had properly started, love the series, but this left me feeling cheated VFM wise, no wonder it was free on steam, wish that was my format instead of Android 😕

Comments

• edited July 7

Sorry. Mithril Horde has always been my favorite expansion. I took a lot of pleasure in making it. Short doesn't mean it didn't get love.

It wasn't free on Steam for any reason except to give the GOG users an expansion to play as I haven't set up Itchio yet.

If you are that unhappy, please ask for a refund. Can you not do that?

I could not ask Redshift to put it up on Apple and the Google play store for free because getting any expansion ready for those platforms is an awful lot of work. And they are entitled to be paid. For me to put up an expansion on Steam is very little work.

I sincerely hope you can get the refund.

• If you can't get a refund for some reason, consider that the roughly 60 cents I got from your sale goes towards paying back a hospital bill for my rescue cat Zeus who suffered jaundice last year. The bill was over $5000 dollars but now he's fine so that was good VFM value for money and the sixty cents I get from your purchase will go towards paying that off.

I do hope though that you can get a refund.

• You can only get a refund on Google play for about 10 minutes after you bought it or some similar short time span , yeah times are hard for everyone, just gone 3 months (and continuing) without any money due to lockdown, but I was just shocked & disappointed it was so short, keep up the great work, one bad apple doesn't ruin the whole orchard 😉

• I have all the expansions on Android, be them short or be them long. I would be hard pressed to find any other app that has so much dedication in expanding the game proper with all the expansions. And with still more coming, I could hardly complain how short one expansion might be vs others. Sometimes it is nice to have a short but sweet story expansion, and not feeling like it will never end. Just don't end the expansions from coming. :D

• Hi all, I've just felt a growing need to comment on this since having read it, and now since having just completed the expansion. Wow, Cat, another incredible expansion from Zarista and all involved. Thank you!
    For anyone who might question purchasing Mithril Horde based on this concern, please don't. It is, again, an exemplary expansion - one of my favorites for sure - and I frankly didn't notice, or feel, that it was short. It took me a similar time to go though, though I admit I am meticulous as I proceed through the game, stepping on each and every square of the world, checking out every wall in a dungeon, etc. Furthermore, in this case, I tried something I'd not done before, but very much enjoyed (and, by necessity, adds to the length of the game): I tried playing it as a stand alone vs adding it to The Quest main game as I routinely do. My rational was simply because my character is so overpowered at this point, I wanted to experience the challenge of starting again, only having those resources available to me that the expansion provided, and having to earn my way through via cards - that choice alone greatly extends the game as you have no choice but to play cards along the way. I love the card game, so this worked beautifully for me. It also gave me the opportunity to play as a Ravism, thus experiencing new aspects of the game that are normally unavailable to my primary character. To top it off, I'll get to play through again with my primary character in order to add Mithril Horde- with all of its new lands, weapons, spells, creatures, illnesses, and mythology - to my, gratefully, ever-expanding Quest world.
    Thank you again for both the games, and the community you've created by extension. Your dedicated engagement here, Cat, adds so much to the gaming experience.
    As an aside, I'd like to thank everyone who may read this who has posted about what they are experiencing in their area of the country, and the globe, vis-a-vis covid/lockdowns/etc along the way. I've read each word with great interest, empathy, and appreciation for the perspective afforded only by hearing real world details from real people. Please stay safe, everyone! We are truly all in this together, and can feel empowered knowing that the small things we do as individuals can make such a positive, collective, difference.

• Thanks Dalyasim. I don't think I ever think about the expansions as long or short. Just tell the story. I try to add some new material to the older expansions. Mithril Horde was one of the early ones and it was primarily a collaboration with some people who had pirated our early games to get them hopefully involved and less likely to pirate our future expansions. Together we told the story and didn't really think about the length. We thought about converting them from piracy. : ) The good side of those people (the pirates) is that they loved playing games and making games available for others. So while we had huge arguments over how that should work--they believed in free for all--we believed you have to pay for your graphics etc and it's fair to pass some of that cost along to the player, once the fur stopped flying, we got together and created some hopefully interesting quests in an exotic land, since they are from an exotic land.

We are in New York City which is doing well thanks to the love and compassion most New Yorkers have for each other. Hardly anyone is outside without a mask. People socially distance and are considerate of each other.

Hoping for a good vaccine. Sooner rather than later as I have the Type A blood that supposedly the virus is drawn to. So are mosquitoes. Have survived both and hope good health for you all.

• By the way, I agree that playing the standalone game is very challenging. Liz plays only the standalone game for the same reason you do. : )