The thing I find hardest...

...is remembering what areas and dungeons are inside other areas and dungeons - ie what leads to what. This is also tricky to annotate on a map in-game, unless you kind of have one map square designated solely as a kind of notebook.

Macha's Curse was actually not so tricky as some, but I do remember expansions where dungeons led off from dungeons in quite obscure sequences, and my memory is hopeless at recalling how and where I found a location.

If it was possible to include this in the quest text, eg "Lord Evil in the Darkest Dungeon (found in Black Castle in the Forest of Thieves)" it would be super helpful.

Though I suppose that might spoil the initial puzzle in finding him, if it's supposed to be a challenge to figure this out.

Comments

• I could try doing that in the new expansion coming up this year but to do that for the ports which are already very tricky and involve checking hundreds of things, might be too much for my poor catly brain. : ) I try at least in the forum to do that.

• Oh goodness no I would never expect that to be done for existing games. In some ways it's kind of a feature, part of the challenge. I have made myself some annotated maps (offline - or I use Notes on my iPhone) to keep track.

• Notepad works for me, also the being able to make notes on the map. Something else I find useful is checking on my outstanding quests lists. Quite often there’s a clue in there, or going back to the character that gave me the quest and talking to them again, sometimes they’ll give you an added clue.
    What’s frustrating tho is that il make an edited note on notepad, go back to read it and haven’t the foggiest what I meant... :)

• Trying something slightly different in Celtic Queen-more info in the Quest description. Not sure how it will look on mobile but trying it.

• Bhiffy I know what you mean by trying to interpret past notes. I’ve looked at some of the gibberish I’ve written and laughed out loud because it was absolutely worthless. Shouldn’t be playing at three in the morning. I found that using notepad and taking screenshots to be a lifesaver. Especially screenshots. I take one screenshot every time I’ve been given giving a quest. Sometimes it feels like I am writing notes more than playing the game, but that’s what I have to do as my memory is failing as I get older. Especially if I take a few days off from the game – not a great idea! I have more screenshots of this game in my photo section then I do pictures of my family. Sad Really LOL.

• Trying to overcome this by making short walkthroughs for major quests and by adding more info in Quest descriptions.

• I've always hoped for a log. Many times I'm too fast at tapping my way through a map and, when a message appears I don't react in time to stop my tapping and accidentally dismiss the message before I've read it. It would be nice to have a log that you could back to look at exactly what was said (even if it's just the last message, it would be nice).

• I would agree with this useful thing. Happened to me as well many times..:-)

• Elendil is ultra busy at the moment and I don't think he'd make such a big change. I'm trying to overcome this with more complete Quest descriptions and the short walkthroughs.

• > @PinGeek said:
    > I've always hoped for a log. Many times I'm too fast at tapping my way through a map and, when a message appears I don't react in time to stop my tapping and accidentally dismiss the message before I've read it. It would be nice to have a log that you could back to look at exactly what was said (even if it's just the last message, it would be nice).

---That is the biggest problem with The Quest, as far as I'm concerned. The problem gets far worse playing the game on a phone.

Unfortunately Cat has no control over this, as it was built into the original (at least that was my understanding when I spoke to a developer).
  • Elendil is busy with the Quest 2 and doesn't really have time to add new things to the Quest, plus it's not his code. It would probably be hard to integrate something new like that. I'm trying to add more information to the quest description to help with this. The last conversation often has helpful quest info. Of course, you can go back to the quest giver but that's tedious.

• And often the quest giver doesn't give the crucial bit of information again. Still fun, and if I get lost, I have this site. ;)
  • Aware and working on this in later expansions. : )